Xperia Z2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrmtl
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Xperia Z2

I hear rumors of worldwide delays for the Z2 ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jrmtl

Yes that is correct. There is a worldwide delay for the Z2 but once again Canada was not on the list for it. Sony has delays for the Z2 for the past week now or so.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone and jrmtl

Sadly i am here to announce that Bell will carry the Z2 as a exclusive phone in May. It was announced earlier this morning. It seems Bell will br getting it instead of Rogers. The exclusive doesn't mean its for ever though. It can mean for 60-90 days and then Rogers may carry it OR it may stay with Bell for good and no other carrier will get it. So whoever wants one, needs to buy it straight from them.

I wish i had better news :(.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/04/01/sony-xperia-z2-coming-to-bell-in-may-as-an-exclusive/

View solution in original post

jrmtl
I Plan to Stick Around

Great thx for the news Meowmix  ..  I usually go to that site for updates daily.

The good news is that it should be unlocked from Sony Canada I hope ??!

The device will be available in black, white and purple for an undisclosed price, but we’re likely looking at the $199 to $249 range on a 2-year contract. The Xperia Z2 will also be available at Sony stores.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jrmtl 

It should be unlocked if your buying it outright but knowing Sony, the devices may be locked and u have to pay to get it unlocked.  Exactly like the carriers do.  I am hoping it is factory unlocked tho

jrmtl
I Plan to Stick Around

Well i guess to unlock it would be worth the 20$ , I hope it's not sold for 2500$ 🙂
So the good news in this is that Canada is getting it in May !
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jrmtl

I doubt it will be that much lol. Most likely $600-$800 at most. Yes that is correct! So anyone that needs one, get it via Sony or Bell.
rjordan
I've Been Here Awhile

Is the Sony exclusive a bad April fools joke?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rjordan

It does not seem like it. NewsWire does not joke around about stuff like this & if it was a Aprils Fool joke, they would have said it was already or taken it down.

This is from Bell's site

"Pre-register for updates on the launch of the Xperia® Z2 - only from Bell" I can not post the Bell site link as Rogers will remove it.

NewsWire link below & it will show the Bell's link there above

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1332293/sony-xperia-z2-coming-to-canada-exclusively-with-bell
rjordan
I've Been Here Awhile

Hmm, very disappointed Sony. You were so close to getting me to switch to your product 😞