Xperia X10 PlayNow vs. urMusic

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Xperia X10 PlayNow vs. urMusic

What's the story with the lack of the PlayNow client on the Xperia X10 firmware released by Rogers? It seems to come on all of the European and Asian firmwares. Is Rogers simply replacing it with their urMusic thing? I would be pretty upset if that was the case. PlayNow isn't just a music store. It also hosts games and apps which aren't carried in the market which I might want. A good example is the Need For Speed Shift game.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Xperia X10 PlayNow vs. urMusic

Have you updated to the newest firmware yet? I have playnow on my X10...

I Plan to Stick Around

R2*20... no PlayNow...

Strange.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Do you have the X10a? Where did you get the phone from?

If your on the newest firmware (released by rogers, otherwise firmware now is R2*26,, avail via other sources) then shouldnt be any problems.

Perhaps the X10 didnt come with Playnow, only X10a.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have an X10a. I just purchased it at a Rogers store note even a month ago.

It never had PlayNow on it. I heard rumors that Rogers had disabled the feature in the firmware.

The firmware my phone has (which is the same as at purchase) is R2BA020.

OS Version is 1.6 (donut)

I am constantly checking for updates both on the Rogers network or with the phone attached to my computer and have not receieved any updates to the firmware.

How did you get your phone to *26 without unlocking your phone or using some of the root hacks guides found on the net  to make the phone update service think its in Norway?

I haven't hacked my phone yet. Its to new, and I dont want to brick the thing a month after getting it, however I do want the playnow service to work. Is there a legitamate way for me to get the newest firmware through rogers? I found nothing on the website indicating how I'd go about doing that. 

I'm a Senior Contributor

At the time of my last post, I did not (and still don't) have the R2**26 version, all I did was a quick google search. In hindsight, it probably would have been best to leave that bit out since it really didn't provide any helpful advice.

Given that we should be getting the 2.1 update within the next few weeks, I would suggest just waiting for that and see if the Playnow is on there as the software update comes with many changes.