Xperia S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Xperia S

I would flash it but because i really do not know how to, im just sticking with this. I keep visiting the Sony xperia blogs. To see when the update for Rogers will be out but nothing:-(

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/42096?utm_source=Product%2Bblog&utm_medium=Xperia%2BS%2BICS&utm_ca...
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Good new & bad new for the ones that have the Xperia S like my self.

Sony Mobile Canada on facebook just released this info more about when the Xperia S & ION will be updated to the ICS update.

"Great news! The Ice Cream Sandwich update is available starting today for Xperia™ arc and Xperia™ arc S. You will need to plug your handset in to PC Companion to access this upgrade.

We know you’ve been patiently waiting for more info on the Ice Cream Sandwich update so we are excited to share some additional news. By September 30th, the ICS update will also be available for the Xperia™ mini pro, Xperia™ pro, Xperia™ S and Xperia™ ion in Canada.

This will be a phased rollout so not all of these devices will get the update on the same day but we will continue to keep you posted on the exact timing for each device."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=490828264260690&set=a.222885277721658.68620.196933230316863&...

This means we have to wait another month until we get the ICS update which is the bad part BUT the good news is that they gave us a exact date when the update will be released.

Hopefully tho they are able to release it a bit faster. I did not pay $500+ for a phone & wait for months on end just to get a simple update.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hopefully AOSP's Xperia S experiment will make things better...

Also, maybe that there Xperia Nexus rumour will come true yet.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well hopefully it does make things better if they use AOSP on the Xperia S.

Anyways for the Xperia Nexus i will not comment seeing as this has nothing to do with the thread & also its just a rumor not anything real at the moment.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

There is a pretty fool proof, step by step guide, on the XDA Developers Forum on how to upgrade your phone to the Sony version of ICS.

This is the unbranded version that will not contain any of the Rogers bloatware.

Just make sure you back up all your data first with your favourite backup tool (this goes without saying).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1725078

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes but some want to wait until the Rogers version comes out. This is something i have seen & heard many times.

I my self do not want to Root my phone just incase i make a mistake, remember not everyone is tech savvy lol.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I understand the concern, manual updates are a kind of a scary thing for those that are not comfortable with tinkering; just throught I'd put it out there as an option for those that might be interested.

This update doesn't require a rooting of your phone; it's actually pretty non-tech friendly and a well documented guide.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea but remember tho, some people do not want to void the warranty or have issues so this is why we wait for Rogers to send out their update BUT it should not take this long.

I get it how "easy" it is but like i said, its up to each person.