Xperia S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Xperia S

Its because Sony stores have it exclusively for 90 days. Once the 90 days are up Rogers then will release it at the Rogers stores and online. Honestly this is better then the nexus by far.
samsvoc
I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone else share their experence with the Sony Xperia S?  Things like battery life, reception, call quality and browser performance?

Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you want to know more about those then look over at XDA. A lot of people in Canada with Rogers or other carriers that use the phone post on there.
samsvoc
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Indeed it is. Now hopefully Rogers releases the update a few days after.
Smeelious
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Heh...you like to dream.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

hehe i do dream but when i spoke to someone over at Sony Canada they told me that most likely a few days or a week later we will see the update seeing as the phone is ONLY sold at Rogers which makes it easier to get the updates for. Who knows tho.

Also i have noticed something. On the Sony Xperia Facebook, the Sony reps post " The update will come at the end of Quarter 2" when asked about the ICS update for the Xperia S But once someone posts about what the rep from Sony posted on the Xperia support forums they just delete it. hmm..
Kristupha
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Mewmix, did you use cellunlocker.net for your code?

I tried getting one from them but they came back saying they needed to scan an alternate database for it; possibly a manufacturer's code.

Thanks,

K

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I unlocked it a method i know. There is a hard time unlocking the Xperia S from what i have read on XDA.

Anyways on another note. WE are still waiting for 4.0.4 on the Xperia S. We are still on 2.3.7 . I contacted Sony Canada & Sony Canada Mobile on Facebook & they both told me that Rogers has not released it yet. I wonder why the late release? Most of the countries already have the update out.
Kristupha
I've Been Here Awhile

I ended up flashing the ROM myself, it's kind of a waste to see Rogers so behind the ball on this one; probably needs to add all the branded bloatware into it before providing it OTA.

All I need to wait for now is for an unlock code 😞