Xperia S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Xperia S

Um not really. I got my Sony arc the day before it went live with Rogers... Sony style had a deal at the eaton center to release the phone a day before Rogers went live on putting it up. it.If you read it up on MobileSyrup & other sites you will see me getting the first Arc in Canada a day before it got released from Rogers. I am the one on the buttom picture with the white jacket holding the Arc.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/04/27/images-canadas-first-sony-ericsson-xperia-play-and-arc-customers/

This is true but with people not wanting to carry a tablet with them while they have a phone then they will choice a phone that has a SD card slot. This is a issue with new phones now. I rather have a slow for a SD card then just have memory installed in it without any SD card.

I honestly can not wait for this phone to be released. This will be my next phone. I really do not care about iPhone or Nexus.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I really would not care about how the camera does. The phone is a phone & if you want a digital camera that has high end lens & all go get a DSLR camera in which will take the pictures you want.

I am waiting to get this phone. I love the way it looks & hopefully Rogers does not let this go. I know many Rogers costumers that would LOVE to get the Xperia S
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am waiting for this one as well. We have two Arcs and a x10 right now and I want to upgrade the x10 to this one.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I as shown got the Arc & now waiting for the Sony Xperia S. I hope Rogers makes the best Deal & gets it for us.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Well the real question now is what will happen first...

Will my TF101 get ICS

OR

This phone being released in Canada

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Most likely both. I am really hoping Rogers releases the Sony Xperia S soon tho.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I recieved an email from sony, welcoming me to the new se.  (Sony).

The mention that sony has bought out se and also that the first phone to launch in canada is the sony experia S.

Does not say the carrier but I would think it would be rogers.

Here's a copy of their email;

Sony Ericsson is becoming part of Sony*

Dear My name,

I wanted to give you some more information about Sony’s intended purchase of Sony Ericsson and what it means for you.

Some things won’t change at all. For example, your existing warranty will remain completely valid and you’ll still get the same great service and support that you’ve been used to. But you will see some important new benefits.

Your Sony Ericsson phone already features great Sony technology. But in future, you can expect even more leading-edge Sony capabilities – and easy connectivity with other Sony products including TVs, PCs and tablets to allow you to share content seamlessly across multiple screens. There will also be more opportunities to enjoy premium entertainment content from Sony including music and film services from the Sony Entertainment Network.

The first smartphone product from Sony, available this Spring, will be the new Sony Xperia™ S
Click here to find out more about this exciting new Android handset.

We’re really excited about the future and we’d like to keep in touch with you as we become part of Sony. To help us with this, you can update your profile info as usual. We look forward to sharing the journey with you.

Thanks

Steve Walker, Chief Marketing Officer, Sony Ericsson, Canada

For any queries, just contact our customer support.

Check out the new Sony Xperia™ S

*Subject to regulatory approval*

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's good news, just hope it arrives sometime in March like in many other places. Wish they would start the pre-order now so we could have an eta..
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I wish this as well. IF Rogers gets it ( which most likely they will) it will be put on the reservation list at Rogers website. To be honest tho i rather go to the Sony store & get it like i did last year. You get free gifts & stuff if you are the first few costumers ( yes i was the first one to get the Sony Arc last year & i stayed outside the Sony store from 5am at the eatons center).