Xperia S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Xperia S

Anyone else excited about this phone?

I'm just hoping that Rogers grabs it, like all the other SE phones.

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Xperia S

I am wondering the same as well. Knowing Rogers they will not say or release any info until they know they are getting it or when they want to release it.

I really hope Rogers gets it tho. It will be a great add to their current phone line up.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I too would really love to see this phone added to the lineup. The more and more I read about it the more beautiful it's appearing to be. I was really excited when I saw it at CES.

There's no reason not to have the phone. I know Rogers want's to push their LTE speeds, but let's be honest... LTE, while great speed, is a massive drain on battery life. Wait until there's phones with better 4G power management before it becomes a main focus. Throwing them in because is only going to leave tech support flodded with calls claiming poor battery life.

Give me the Xperia S! the X10 is starting to run it's course and it's showing with the stuttering while running Gingerbread. Still better than 2.1 and 1.6 preformance but definitely noticable as poor.

I praise the phone because I know Rogers has people reading this forums, or bots scanning them. They wouldn't have them if they couldn't benefit. Read on powers that be! Your customers want this phone. 

Highlighted

that said if they can swing the Ion, I'd prefer it....(LTE, microSD card...) But yeah, right now I'm counting on the S to be my next phone.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

To me LTE is not worth it at the moment. Not a lot of people have it & at the moment only a few carriers around the world have it. So to me its kinda useless unless you want to spend money on faster speed for just a phone.. I have used LTE on my Raider & yes its fast but can eat up your battery pretty fast.

As for the Xperia S i will buy it from the Sony Store if it comes out down here in Toronto. If Rogers releases it then i will buy it from Rogers. I just hope Rogers makes the right choice & releases it exclusively like they did with a few other Sony phones. Amazing phone i might add. I love the notification bar.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

But why would you prefer the ion? It's larger, massive even, compared to the S. When Engadget was at CES they were saying that it felt cumbersom in their hands due to the size, and also said that the Ion was having some issues with framerates compared to the Xperia S.

Plus, i'd rather not have an excessive LTE battery drain.

The phone also looks horrible in comparison to the S.

I'm assuming you have larger hands and not as much love for the S's aesthetic though.  

Highlighted

It's more about the microSD card than anything.  I much prefer the styling of the S.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

That's fair. Personally I've never had an issue with storage on my phones. I just don't put enough on it beyond music and occasional large PDF. I think I've only used half of the 16GB  on my X10. If that. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well i have a lot of music & movies & videos so its better to have a SD slot in a phone instead of the built in memory. I really hope Rogers Release the Xperia S. If not then again ill just buy it from the Sony Store if anything
Highlighted

Well the sony store didn't have the Arc until a good deal after it was released by Rogers. (AFIAK)

The more I think about it the less I'm worried about the lack of the SD card.  The entirety of that 32G should be available for music / video etc, since the phone has 1-1.5 G of user available internal for apps. And I always have my tablet for videos (32 + 32 + 32 G if I really need it, plus an external HD)