Xbox one's HDMI inputs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Xbox one's HDMI inputs

Rogers gave me a digital adapter without an HDMI output so Rogers needs to give us different adapters otherwise connecting to the xbox one is impossible.

What can we do here?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Xbox one's HDMI inputs

The DTA that rogers provides for free, is only a basic replacement for analog cable, which is being discontinued.
As much with analog cable right from the wall, there is no way for you to connect this to the XBoxOne.

These are only SD feeds of those digital channels anyways

ANYONE wanting HD, and the HD inputs, would have to RENT or BUY a rogers HD digital box.
They will have an HDMI connection.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

why are you trying to connect a device which OUTPUTS video to another device which OUTPUTS Videl as well? that doesnt make sense, its like Device one -> <- Device 2, they are outputting to no where.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pauly,

The XBoxONE, has an HDMI input on it.   Its designed to have a TV or other devices input into it.
I think there is/will be some recording capabilities, etc in it, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

thats a first for a video game console to incorporate an hdmi input, i wonder how it will hold up with HDCP copy right protection from the signals.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Currently only works with, tv wise, the US cable boxes.. but they are suposed to be working with the canadian people to get it working.
(you are suposed to be able to CHANGE the channel via the xbox, etc).

Apparently the PS4, etc works through it, etc..

That was my first thought with it though.. was the HDCP.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert