Xbox One Teredo IP Not Found, Hitron CGN3ACSMR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Xbox One Teredo IP Not Found, Hitron CGN3ACSMR

Hi all, wireless newbie here so I apologize for anything obvious I might be missing.

I'm having some troubles with my Xbox One on my Rogers wireless. I can invite other people to join my games, but cannot receive game invites, join other peoples games, or join parties. When I'm in games, the connection is fine, not laggy at all. Download speed is 33.08 Mbps according to the Xbox. My NAT Type is Strict.

When I test for Multiplayer Connection on the Xbox, it says it can't find the Teredo IP address. When I look at the detailed network stats, it also tells me under the Detailed NAT info section that my "network is behind a firewall (or not connected)".

After doing some googling, I have tried Port Forwarding the reccomended ports but that hasn't helped. I have looked around on my router settings (I have a Hitron CGN3ACSMR) to also allow IPV6 but can't find where to turn that on. I also can't see anywhere to manually assign a static IP address on the router settings, so I Port Forwared using the IP address my Xbox uses itself, which appears to be the same every time.

Any tips on how to find the Teredo IP address or how to change my NAT Type to Open?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Xbox One Teredo IP Not Found, Hitron CGN3ACSMR

Is this a new installation for the CGN3ACSMR by any chance?  Can you log into the modem and check the software version that is shown on the status page, which is the first page to come up after the log in.  The modem arrives with version 4.4.8.14 and takes 48 to 72 hours to update to firmware version 4.5.8.16.  The updated version resolves issues for many online games Xbox included.   The previous version 4.4.8.14 is very problematic for online games, VOIP devices, VPNs and any other latency intolerant application.

To set a static address, bring up the BASIC.... LAN SETUP page.  The lower Connected Computers list will fill in.  The static assignment is done through the DHCP Reservation function which is on the right hand side of the LAN DHCP Status line.  After you set that up, using the same IP address that is currently used, reboot the modem by using the Reboot function located in the ADMIN... DEVICE RESET page.

What you could try, if the Static IP address and Port Forwarding does not work is to enable the UPNP function, which is located in the BASIC..... GATEWAY FUNCTION page.  I don't normally advise enabling this as it can be used by both legitimate and rogue applications to set modem / router parameters without your knowledge.  So, if you do enable UPNP, do a modem reboot after that is set.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Datalink, thanks for the speedy response!

The software version is 4.5.8.16.

I reserved the Xbox's static IP, rebooted the modem and have the ports forwarded to the assigned IP but the Xbox still can't find the Teredo IP and the NAT is still strict.

UPNP was on by default on my router settings.

Is there anything else you can reccomend doing?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With UPNP enabled, you shouldn't have to manually set the ports for forwarding.  It should be either static IP with manually set ports and no UPNP, or, static IP and UPNP enabled.  If you have static ports set, I would delete them and reboot the modem.  Let UPNP work in conjunction with the Xbox.  With UPNP enabled you should be able to see the ports that have been set in the port forwarding page.  I'm making an assumption here that this modem operates like the CGN3.  Users have commented on the ports that are visible on that modem with UPNP running.  Hopefully the firmware changes to the CGN3 that finally enabled those ports to show on that page have also been made to the CGN3ACSMR.  There is no guarantee however.  Its been a very long time since I've looked at any Xbox settings, isn't there a setup function or network connection test that you can run, which would kick the modem port settings into place thru UPNP?  Hopefully other Xbox users can chime in here.  Meanwhile I'll do a quick search....

Edit:  Shut down the Xbox, change the modem settings, reboot the modem, and then power up the Xbox.  The toredo tunneling parameters can be seen on your pc.  Bring up a command prompt and type the following command:  ipconfig/all

The second last data group is the Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface group.

Highlighted

Hello, @Datalink

Very interesting discussion, I've found a solution on Xbox support page, I was wondering if @dangerouskoala has tried the solution yet? Almost similar steps which you've guided so far, I believe OP should try it out.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is where it all becomes jargon to me lol, I have no idea how static IPs and Port Forwarding and UPNP actually work, I've just been following instructions from Portforward.

Xbox153~5353~53TCP/UDP192.168.0.29Any 

Xbox280~8080~80TCP/UDP192.168.0.29Any 

Xbox388~8888~88TCP/UDP192.168.0.29Any 

Xbox4500~500500~500TCP/UDP192.168.0.29Any 

Xbox53074~30743074~3074TCP/UDP192.168.0.29Any 

Xbox63544~35443544~3544TCP/UDP192.168.0.29Any 

box74500~45004500~4500TCP/UDP192.168.0.29

Any

This is the table I see under PortForwarding with everything I have set up. 192.168.0.29 is the address I reserved under the DCHP reservation. So I should delete these ports (or at least turn them off), and reboot the modem? Wouldn't that just take me back to square one before I set up any ports, since UPNP was on anyway?

If I do a Network Connection test on the Xbox, it just tells me "Everything is good." It's when I do the Multiplayer connection that it tells me it can't find the Teredo.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have a look at the following Youtube video.  It looks like there is a trick involved thru the Multiplay Connection test to switch the connection type to open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCjScH9xNc

Assuming that this works as shown, and allows you to flip the NAT type to Open, what it really points out is that there is some issue with the Xbox network controller that requires a work around.  Simple solution, fix the controller software.  Personal opinion.

Leave the port fowarding settings as is for now, and see if you can flip the NAT type. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink when you say to "change the modem settings", which settings do you mean?

Also I'm on a mac, i tried the ipconfig/all command within the Terminal app but it just says No such file or directory. I also have no idea how to do command prompts lol

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

d'oh, a mac user, sorry, I'm not a mac guy.  There has to be some command that you can use or panel that shows the mac's network status and information, which I would think would show the Teredo Tunneling data.  Fwiw, lack of IPV6 support on the Rogers network has been commented on by numerous people who are pushing for progress on the issue.  

When I was referring to the modem settings, I was referring to the manually set ports.  Leave those as they are for now, and see if you can make any headway with the multiplayer connection test.

When you set a static IP address, what you are doing is using a specific IP address for a specific device, which also has a unique Media Access Control (MAC) address.  The MAC address is unique to the device, actually to the port or port controller itself, and allows modems,  routers, other computers, etc. to identify the various devices on the network and communicate with those devices when and if required.  So, with a static IP address, instead of allowing the modem or router to assign any IP address to a device, you are using one address out of the total range of addresses available to the modem or router.

When you use port forwarding you are directing the modem or router to forward data from the external, internet side of the modem, to the internal Local Area Network side of the modem, specifically to the IP address that you have specified.  The modem then takes the external port that is specified and forwards the data that arrives on that port to the specified LAN IP address and specified port, specifically your Xbox.  That is done to ensure that the communications structure, from server, to modem, to Xbox is known and set to an agreed or standard port structure.  Note that the ports don't necessarily have to be the same on both sides of the modem or router.  You can forward date from an external, internet side of the modem port, to a completely different port on a device running on the Local Area Network.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have followed this video before. When he checks multiplayer connection, his says "Everything is good". When I do that, it says "Cannot find a Teredo IP address. It prompts me to reset the modem (doesn't do anything), and then to make sure UDP port 3544 is not blocked on your router. Pretty sure you can see I've done that too, right?

Either way, if I hold down the triggers to pull up the Detailed Network Stats, his detailed NAT info eventually changes to "Your Network is behind a cone NAT". Mine says "Your network is behind a firewall (or not connected)". His swtiches to Open, I get prompted back to "Cannot get a Teredo" and the NAT stays strict.

Edit: Thanks for taking the time to explain all that to me! TIL.