Xbox One HDMI Passthrough

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Xbox One HDMI Passthrough

With the console being released this friday, American viewers on Comcast, Verizon and a slew of other cable providers will be able to use the HDMI Passthrough to incorporate a cable guide directly into their XBox Ones.  Its been reported that Bell/Rogers are dragging their heels getting an agreement in place that will allow for this to work in Canada.  Does anyone have any other information on why its taking them so long to get everything in place and when we can expect this to work?  I really look forward to never having to use a remote again and just using voice commands.

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Xbox One HDMI Passthrough

I asked about this and it's not free. I believe you need an XBox Gold subscription, or something.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

He is talking of a new feature with the new Xbox out on Friday.
It has an hdmi in on it, which in the long run is supposed to allow a tv (or other hdmi device) to play through it.
Now with the tv, it's SUPPOSED to in the long run allow more than just viewing as pass through (which this should work right now) that it's supposed to allow channel change, guide view, etc from the Xbox controls.
Currently it's only working with the us providers. I'm guessing something with cablecard allowing it?

Xbox plans to have it work with all providers, but over time.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

http://www.wired.com/reviews/2013/11/xbox-review/

Reading this article it might work partially.
The guide in the xbone might not show. But as straight passthrough, might be fine. And that it controls it via an IR blaster, as long as its learnable.. Should be able to work with the boxes.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The audio and video from my Rogers TV cable box is able to pass thru the Xbox and output through my speakers and television BUT the message "Copy Protection The output is blocked" keeps appearing whenever I try to use the Watch TV feature after turning my Xbox on. Every time I have to use my regular remote to exit out of the message. I have a Rogers digital cable box (Scientific Atlanta 4250HD).

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. thats what we had thought.
It will allow passthrough as a whole.. but its not configured yet to work WITH the boxes.

Currently MS has said, its only set to work with MOST of the US providers.. thats it.. they need to work with each provider to enable stuff in the xbox to work that way.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Any progress/updates on this situation? I'm sure I speak for all the Canadian consumers...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I beleive, straight old passthrough works on the unit? at least see what is being outputted from the HDMI on the rogers box... you just need to control it, etc from the rogers remote?
(correct me if i am wrong).

It might be a while... this is something that XBOX/MS needs to work with as well with ALL canadian carriers, not just rogers, etc.. none of them work with the xbox one currently.

I remember reading a thing FROM MS just before the XBONE was released, and them saying dont expect it for a year or so likely 😞