Xbox Live - Rogers Rocket Hub W35- MTU and connection problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Widdogg
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Xbox Live - Rogers Rocket Hub W35- MTU and connection problems

STRICT NAT.  But no problems finding games/playing with friends online with COD Black Ops.  I do have some problems with the old Halo.  

needshelp
I've Been Around

ok i have the wii system and i tryed what u sayed to do and i did all the things for the wii like all the ports and it still wont work like i can go to the store but my black ops says it doesnt work and i go to www.yougetsignal.com and check port 80 and it still says its closed  can you help me?

89stang
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello folks. I game regularly on the ps3 with the w35 sony ericsson rocket hub.  Out of the box you get a private i.p. address.

example: 10.xxx.xxx.xxx. this will give you a strict nat no matter what ports you open. They are blocked at rogers end. When I had this i.p address I had to disable upnp igd in the hub settings. Modern Warfare 2 would not allow me online when it was enabled. I called rogers last week and had a public i.p put on my account. It is $5 a month (in southern ontario anyhow) and changed my i.p address to 74.xxx.xxx.xxx (not to be confused with your 192.168.1.1 address). If you do decide to get a public i.p make sure you ask them to explain the changes you need to make in the hub(from fixed-isp.com to vpn.com and there is passwords you have to put in or else it will not work).  Anyhow, with the public i.p I get an open nat on the ps3 playing Black Ops without any trouble.

Hope some of this explanins a little or possibly helps.

89stang
I Plan to Stick Around

To needshelp.

Try disabling upnp igd in the nat settings of the hub. That may be blocking you from going online in black ops.

I don't know about the wii, but when it was enabled on my hub, I couldn't get into modern warfare 2 on my ps3.

flemingetq
I've Been Around

Re: Xbox Live - Rogers Rocket Hub W35- MTU and connection problems/ data transfer

I have asked rogers if they would be able to give some kind of a range of data transfer (download, upload) there is to playing on Xbox live.  (Pluse was told it can not be done with rocket Hub)  I might only play a total of 4-5 hours a week if that mosty Black Ops.  I would like to stay arounf the 3Gb mark. 

Rogers told me to try it out and it trial and error. (of course more money for you.  Also what are the sppeds like any lag at all.

Thank for any help

xxKarenxx
I'm Here A Lot

what am I doing wrong, keep getting it wont connect to xbox live. 

mtu settings  insufficient 
IP: 192.168.1.2   <---do I put the another in there, 
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS 1: 65.71.255.198
DNS 2: 64.71.255.253
I also  put the ports
NAT Port Server IP Server Port Protocol  
3074 192.168.1.2 3074 tcp
3074 192.168.1.2 3074 udp
80 192.168.1.2 80 tcp
88 192.168.1.2 88 tcp 
53 192.168.1.2 53 tcp
80 192.168.1.2 80 udp
88 192.168.1.2 88 udp
53 192.168.1.2 53 udp

89stang
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you giving the x-box the i.p address, or is it finding it on it's own?
http://digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=118071
This link should help.
xxKarenxx
I'm Here A Lot

I finally got it to work. I needed to give the xbox it's own ip address, but I was mixing it up.  Then use the dns from rogers hub in the right places.

here is what rogers sent me 

Step 1: Configure the game console

Open a web browser on a PC connected to the Rocket Hub (preferably wired to the hub).

1. In the address bar (URL) type in 192.168.1.1  with user as the password.  If you changed password, enter that information in.

2. Click on internet tab on the left, on the right side the DNS information will be available, DNS1 and DNS2 write them down.

3. Go to your XBOX > MY XBOXSETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS.  You need to enter manually

IP address: give your Xbox it’s own IP address, for example 192.168.1.104

Put in the subnet mask and the default gateway .and enter into the DNS portion the DNS1 and the DNS2 you wrote down.

Here is an example

IP: 192.168.1.104
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS 1: 69.31.192.11
DNS 2: 69.31.192.12

Step 2: Configure the Port Forwarding on Rocket Hub

1. Open a web browser on a PC connected to the Rocket Hub (preferably wired to the hub).
  2. In the address bar (URL) type in http://192.168.1.1 with user as the password.  If you changed password, enter that information in.
  3. Go to the NAT tab.
  4. Make sure  Enable UPnP is checked.
  5. Below Port Forwarding.  Click on Add Instance, then you will have to provide the following information.

Protocol: 
    NAT Port: 
    Server IP: 
    Server Port: 

Example: For Xbox the ports 3074,80,88,53 need to be opened. NAT port and Server port are the ports, 3074,80,88,53. The server IP is the device you will be allowing access.  Protocol is either TCP or UDP. Some ports require both some only TCP or UDP.

Example:

Protocol: TCP
NAT Port: 3074

Server IP: 192.168.1.104
Server Port: 3074

You will need to do this for every port required then press apply, when everything is completed reboot the hub and your Xbox or Playstation

skinorth
I'm an Advisor

@xxKarenxx:

good posting!

I haven't actually needed that info myself but I know there are frequent questions on that in this Forum.  So, no doubt, others will benefit, that is, if they take the time and effort to look for it here.

Hopefully the tags will help in that.

skinorth

GM228
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there,

I did all the steps that Rogers send to me but I still have a STRICT NAT

My question is the following :

After all these steps, are we suppose to have a OPEN NAT ?

Thanks a lot 

GM228