XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE -- one more week?

From the Sony Ericssen Canada Facebook page as of Tues Aug 30:

Hey Canadian Xperia X10 users, here's the latest on the X10 2.3 upgrade. Our team has been working extremely hard to get the issues resolved by next week. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience

Not much of an update really, since we've already been told to wait patiently and still haven't been given a cause. Given that the official release in Europe and Asia has been out since July, I myself can't think of what's causing the delay. Could it be installation of:

• A Canadian accent for the text-to-voice: ("Hey, turn left onto Saint-Laurent, eh?")
  • Louis Riel wallpaper?
  • An app that counts the days since the last Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup victory (complete with weeping sound)?
  • A music store specializing in Justin Bieber, Celine Dion and Down With Webster?
  • A usable VIA Rail timetable?
  • Ringtones of both the old and new Hockey Night in Canada themes?
  • Angry Birds, Vancouver edition?
  • A Google Maps overlay of beer stores, Tim Hortons and Rogers Video?

Who knows? I just hope they get on with it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ROGERS OFFICIAL XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE IS FINALLY OUT

SE said yesterday that it will make the update available in the next week, that they're having success working through their issues in the update.  Rogers has said it will make the update

available when it gets it from SE.  NOBODY has said the update is availble NOW.  NOBODY

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE

Just upgraded to 2.3 through PC Companion!  Must have come out today.

Give it a try.  Loving it so far!

I've Been Here Awhile

Getting a few errors now as I am playing with it.

First one is:

"Sorry!

The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again.

Force Close"

Must be some bugs still in it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Nothing yet for the X10-Mini.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yea, I'm getting the same error, everything else seems to be working so far tho.

I've Been Here Awhile

See if this clears the error:

go to Settings --> Applications --> Download Manager --> Clear Data

Please post results.

I've Been Here Awhile

This worked for me:

i) go to settings:Applications:Manage Applications;

ii) select “All” on the top menu;

iii) Select “Media Discovery” and clear data;

iv) Select Media Storage and clear data;

v) turn off the phone and turn it on again (so that media from sd card is repopulated in the media library).

Works great now!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks,worked!
I've Been Around

This is truly frustrating!

I just updated my phone through the PC Companion last night and since then nothing has worked. The Apps don't work. The Market doesn't work. I can't change my settings, I can't change the phone ring tone and notification sounds (As of right now I am getting nothing but random errors), I can't even browse the market for updates without getting multiple messages that say: 

"Sorry!
The process android.process [Insert Process That has Stopped Here] has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Force Close" 

It's either that OR the whole thing resets... I can't get anything done now... Honestly, I've tried everything... 

I want to go back to 2.1 land when everything was simple and easy and everything worked and it just worked... =(