XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ROGERS OFFICIAL XPERIA X10 2.3 .... FOR SOME

The Sony Ericsson Canada Facebook page has the best information on this delay.  They reported Friday thtat they were

working to solve a problem that had come up.  They'll solve it as fast as possible, if only to get us off of their back.  That is the page I am checking frequently. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@dabenedet wrote:

The main issue there is, there is still no update for my x10. Hard to beleive we should be some of the last in the world to recieve 2.3. SE and Rogers will not be winning me over come renewal time. Definately going to shop around more next time.

This guy kills me. You complain about 2.3 not being available yet. However, this phone was originally shipped with 1.6

SE never promised Mutltitouch, they delivered it. SE said maybe 2.1, and they delivered. SE NEVER promised 2.3 and they did it.

All this for a phone that is now over 15 months long and we know how much big companies provide software updates that late into its lifecycle.

I'm thankful for SE for at least LISTENING to the masses and getting it done.  

Stop your complaining. If you really wanted 2.3, you would had it on your device already like many other Rogers users like myself who have done via XDA methods.

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree with you, they did deliver what they have already said in the past they would not have updated.  I am happy to hear I will be getting updated to 2.3.3.  On a personal side note, when companies release devices, they are always pushing to release too quickly to compete with other companies, therefore, I think they should continue to offer updates for fixes and other... and for longer then a year, I myself live on a slight budget and could not afford to upgrade every year.. plus things are supposed to last at least 4 years and not 1 year... my phone won't charge anymore, USB works to transfer, but won't charge at all... i had to purchase an external charger and extra battery to plug one in while using the other in my phone.  Now getting around 2 days of casual use.

ps.. Hurry SE please.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE - now "Any Week Now"

Tweeted by Sony Ericssen Canada this morning:

• Hi #X10 users, the update on the 2.3 upgrade will be available in the coming weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.
  • We know that this is not what you were hoping to hear and will continue to keep you posted on the timeline.

Coming weeks?

Pfft. Sounds like a big step back.

Now... in a slight defence ... almost none of the X10A models have been updated yet. None of the Latin American or Australian carriers have updated their X10 users either (and likely AT&T never will). Still... considering that the baseband and existing ROMs work identically on X10a and X10i hardware (and function quite well on the Rogers network), I can think of no other reason for delay than the insertion of Rogers-specific cruft (music store, boot screens, etc.)

Given that the delay is now stated as weeks rather than days, it's perhaps opportune to restate here how to go to the X10 corner of the XDA-Developer site and do the upgrade yourself. My current ROM of choice (there are a half-dozen ones to pick from) is the "ZMOD" verson, introduced by the forum's most-respected developer and supported by a large community. In order to install ZMOD you have to install a stock 2.3 upgrade first using the "flashtool" PC app rather than the SE-supplied app.

The option is yours .. wait for the official upgrade or roll your own.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm one of those without the upgrade... and with warranty left on my phone for another 2 weeks.  I hadn't done anything to my phone that wasn't officially approved by Rogers because I assumed (falsely or not isn't important anymore) that it would void any warranties... now that it's a moot point entirely, am I risking anything by following the links in here to the instructions on how to manually update my phone to 2.3? 

I Plan to Stick Around

Saying the 2.3 update would be "in the coming weeks" is a huge step backwards. Christmas and Eid are coming in the coming weeks.  After the protracted delay in providing the 2.1 update, SE's top suits said it would never happen again.

Ha!  Here we are again.  And SE wonders why its sales are in the "misc." category when cell phone sales ae released.  Good phone.  Excellent hardware, TERRIBLE support after the sale by SE.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Robert: The answer to this was already well expressed by clockwork58 a few messages ago.

We know that SE has delivered the generic upgrades, and European and Asian users already have their Gingerbread X10s. The bottleneck here is with the carrier, not the phone maker. SE has no control over how long Rogers takes to localize the software.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE - now "Any Quarter Now"

Fixed the title to suit rogers a bit better. They don't have the best track recorded when it comes to rolling out new software.

I've Been Around

Same here, not going to renew with Rogers next time, tired of all this trouble. They refered to me to X1 and it sucks then finally they where able for 50$ to change for X10, thats the only deal Rogers was giving me cause it would of cost like 400$ for another decend cell phone. So X10 its good but no internal memory, tired of geeting screwd by stupid company

I'm Here A Lot

Re: XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE

I got a message on my phone a few minutes ago saying New Software Update Available. I tried to update from my phone and from PC Companion and no luck.

Did anyone else have the same happen to them?