XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE

Probably already discussed somewhere, but any word on the 2.3 update for X10?  I hear Ericsson has released it, but everywhere I look I see comments like, "Good luck if you're on Rogers..." etc.  Say it ain't so Rogers.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE

Spoke to someone at rogers and the word is "sometime in august". Update via Sony Ericsson PC update software.
Anybody heard more concrete info?
Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

According to SonyE they have just finished/released the 2.3 update. As per normal each carrier has to go over the update to make sure there are no major flaws or issues with the software on their network. This unforunately takes time so be patient; Rogers will announce in some way (Redboard, Twitter, Forum or etc) when/if it will be available.

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow? You got someone to admit that Rogers will release 2.3 for the x10 in August.

No matter, I already installed it onto my device and it's working great and no Rogers Software/Splash Screen on it, and since my phone is older than a yr, no need to worry about voiding warranty. It's already expired!

I've Been Here Awhile

How did you install it already?  All I've seen is X10i firmwares, and not X10a firmwares... if you have any advice, would appreciate.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just found this on mobilesyrup.com in reference to 2.3 for X10:

"However, a quick post by a Rogers Social Media team member on Facebook gives some relief about their intentions. “We will support the update and make it available to our customers. We don’t have timing yet, though. Stay tuned.”

Mobilesyrup.com - August 2, 2011 at 8:46am in Mobile News, Rogers Wireless News

So it seems Rogers is going to offer the update, but no word on timing....    Back to my original post... or if you're smart, maybe back to Clockwork's....

I Plan to Stick Around

I can confirm absolutely that the Gingerbread update works on the X10.

Using the detailed instructions at XDA and the Rogers access point information (available here as well as other sites) I was able to get a complete working stock 2.3.3 working in an evening.

The bootup logo is generic S-E rather than Rogers, the software says "x10i" rather than "x10a", and you have to download "Rogers My Account" from the Market rather than it being pre-installed. But otherwise it's working fine. Antrenna coverage (both wifi and 3G) is fine with the new baseband 2.1.71, battery life is a bit longer, the phone is a whole ot snappier and responsive, and Adobe Flash works nicely.

I recall that when S-E did the X10 upgrade from 1.6 to 2.1, Rogers was one of the last telcos to roll it out its own custmized version -- a month or two after some of the European operators. Probably no reason to expect differently with the 2.3 update. The good news is that they will do it -- eventually -- which makes them better than AT&T even if it's slow to arrive.

As the drug ads say, this solution may not be right for you. YMMW, and I'm not responsible if your installation has problems. Doing the procedure above will most certainly void your warranty -- if you still have one.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Evan.  I'm officially convinced.

[ EDIT:  Now I just need to figure out how to root a phone and put 2.3.3 on it... ]

[ EDIT 2:  Despite your conveniently provided links... ]

I've Been Here Awhile

I just flashed 2.3.3 onto my xperia x10a and 3g isn't working. Please help!

I've Been Here Awhile

FIXED IT!!