XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE

I had all of the same problems when I did the upgrade, get errors with every screen I moved to.  So I plugged the phone back into PC Companion and did the upgrade again, unfortunately when you choose the repair option it completely removes all data on your phone so a 3rd party backup is required.  But my phone now works the way it was intended with the update.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Do anyone else feel as if their battery life is worse after the update?:S

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thank you so much, this fixed my error message. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks you so much, this totally fixed my problem.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Take out the sd card - that should fix everything.  Copy files from sd to computer, format card - put it in and transfer files using usb cable.  That should work

I had the nothing worked and that fixed it.  Now I can't change ringtones - it either reboots if I try to use Android system, and soundpicker crashes.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

SO....apparently 2.3 was removed again for issues? Im still on 2.1 version. And now PC companion says there is an update for version 3.0? How can I update my x10 to version 2.3?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Yup, I've tried all sorts of task killers, changed display settings, but nothing is helping. Before the battery lasted 1 day plus, now 8hrs max.   Anyone else?  any thoughts on a fix?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It's just me but perhaps the SIMCARD is the actual issue. Maybe we all need a newer version to run the Gingerbread update just like when we first got the X10a the old SIMs didn't work in it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@JS2011 wrote:

Yup, I've tried all sorts of task killers, changed display settings, but nothing is helping. Before the battery lasted 1 day plus, now 8hrs max.   Anyone else?  any thoughts on a fix?

For some reason the 2.3 firmware likes to have the phone run at the max processing speed of 998Mhz when your doing stuff when the screen is on. This is what is killing that battery.  I run a rooted version of the Operating systen and have the CPU to max out at 768Mhz and my phone lasts about 40hrs on a single charge with average use. Similar to what I was getting with 2.1

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: ROGERS OFFICIAL XPERIA X10 2.3 .... FOR SOME

Update the phone through PC companion. Worked fine for me so far.