XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbear
I've Been Around

Re: ROGERS OFFICIAL XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE IS FINALLY OUT

I have called tech support and customer service and was told they were not aware of any update past 2.1 even though they have announced it on facebook and twitter. They said there is nothing they could do and to try posting my questions on twitter. Rogers has no Customer Care and are completely unorganized.

Has anyone who uses Rogers been able to uppdate to 2.3 ?

RobertYuna
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ROGERS OFFICIAL XPERIA X10 2.3 UPDATE IS FINALLY OUT

Rogers went silent late today on the subject.  Something strange is happening.

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ROGERS OFFICIAL XPERIA X10 2.3 STILL WAITING

Any news? 

[EDIT] I just tried the update via PCC and neither work.  I'm told I have the latest version on my phone.  The subject line is very misleading...

evanleibovitch
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ROGERS OFFICIAL XPERIA X10 2.3 .... FOR SOME

Apparently Rogers distributed two different model numbers of the X11 -- 1254-8615 has received the update but 1233-6929 has not.

On 2.1 versions of the software you can find your model by dialing

*#*#7378423#*#*

which is the same as

*#*#SERVICE#*#*

Other instructions are available at XDA.

One can only hope it's only a matter of a day or so before both models are updatable. It's possible to fake the number with a text editor, but probably not worth the bother.

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

The *#* code might not work with 2.1 I think.

Alternate would be at the Lock Screen to push HOME, HOME, BACK, BACK, HOME, BACK, HOME, HOME, BACK to open up the service menu.  Go to "Service Info", then "Software Info", then check Customization version number.

😞  I'm 6929....   gotta love those XDA guys/gals...

evanleibovitch
I Plan to Stick Around

Yesterday (Aug 18) afternoon, Sony Ericsson Canada (@SonyEricssonCA) tweeted:

"Hey #X10 users, there are some challenges with the #X10 2.3 update. Stay tuned, we'll have more info tomorrow morning."

It's tomorrow morning and no new info yet... but one can suppose that the glitch is fairly minor and the rollout will be Any Day Now....

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

"...but one can suppose that the glitch is fairly minor and the rollout will be Any Day Now...."

You're hilarious.  LMAO

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

...As of 1 hour ago via Sony Ericsson Facebook page:

"Hang tight X10 users. We hear you! We‘re working on the 2.3 update and will get back to you as soon as we have more news."

which i guess leads us back to the whole "Any Day Now..." comment.

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi everyone,

What is the main issue everyone is having? I do not work with tech support, but I myself had 3G issues when upgrading to 2.3.3.

I was able to solve this by redoing the APN settings. Have you guys checked this yet? You can find the APN info here: http://redboard.rogers.com/2010/putting-the-eh-in-android-googles-nexus-one-my-account-and-paid-apps...

Also, you may need to play around with the settings in "Network operators" if 3G doesnt start working once you have the correct APN settings. I believe (and this is going by memory) I had to choose YCDMA always on to have it work. There are 3 options in the menu I am referring to.

I don't have my phone with me or I could verify but I hope that makes sense.
dabenedet
I've Been Here Awhile

The main issue there is, there is still no update for my x10. Hard to beleive we should be some of the last in the world to recieve 2.3. SE and Rogers will not be winning me over come renewal time. Definately going to shop around more next time.