X1 IPTV service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: X1 IPTV service

Well put @Sundog1966. While there are always early adopters who crave to be on the bleeding edge of the latest technology, most of us just want decent TV with no extra expense involved.  After the introduction of digital cable, it was years before analog was no longer supported. I expect it will be the same with X1 IPTV.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sundog1966

I hear you on that. I know many that rather stay with the HD boxes and the older boxes then be beta testers or be early adapters to the new technology.

TCHC won't do much even to renovate their units for anything ( my friend lives in one of those and tells me).

The X1 IPTV is for ones that want the new technology and want it now. I will most likely get my parents to change over as well. They currently have the 4K boxes ( as i do as well).
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

And there are those like myself, who may want to go to the new technology and even love to beta test, but I just can't afford new technology anymore - so anything that keeps my costs for entertainment down is critical at this time in my life.

For those who can get it when it comes and can afford, do enjoy.  Me, I want to use my owned box with basic services for as long as I can get away with it.

And I know I am not alone.

Bruce

Tmothy12
I'm a Regular

Does the new box support Netflix and/or YouTube? Will this mean support will be dropped for all NextBox models?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tmothy12

Yes from what I have seen it does have those in.

No Rogers will not stop supporting the Nextbox models. They will continue to support them until they fully decommission them in a couple of years.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

CEO Joe Natale went live during a phone call conference and said that 5,000 employees have requested service for the company’s upcoming Ignite IPTV platform.

Rogers has also launched the service with its Ontario base of employees, with approximately 1,400 employee homes running the service. “We’re pleased with the employee trials,” said Natale, during the call.

Unfortunately he did not give a set date for the launch for us.

"The next step for Ignite TV is a contained commercial launch. However, Natale didn’t specify when the company plans on launching the service to its customers".

Stay tuned for more information!
Square
I'm a Reliable Contributor

So where is this beta testing for customers?  I have not heard a peep from any sources that any customers are testing, only that employees are testing.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Square

From a source within, they told me that they will roll it out once the big bugs are out of the way and it's fully capable to be working without major issues. Also they advised me that it may be a couple weeks before the actual launch that some customers get their hands on the beta instead. Not months before as per what they knew.

I'll try and get more information as it comes.
Tmothy12
I'm a Regular

@Meowmixwrote:
Hello @Square

From a source within, they told me that they will roll it out once the big bugs are out of the way and it's fully capable to be working without major issues. Also they advised me that it may be a couple weeks before the actual launch that some customers get their hands on the beta instead. Not months before as per what they knew.

I'll try and get more information as it comes.

I am excited for this product and anxious for a concrete date. But I can completely understand and appreciate Rogers taking their time to works things out after Navigatr. It will been even better for it.

pvanb
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmixwrote:
From a source within, they told me that they will roll it out once the big bugs are out of the way and it's fully capable to be working without major issues.
By that measure we'd still be waiting for the current NextBox to be released.