cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 IPTV service

I Plan to Stick Around

Last year Rogers announced that it will be using the American IPTV platform X1.  Does this affect any of the current cable television customers?  Will current customers automatically be updated to this new platform or will this be in addition to the current cable service?

***EDITED LABELS***

292 REPLIES 292

Re: X1 IPTV service

mcsandy
I Plan to Stick Around

@pvanb

You shouldn't be apologizing for Rogers poor pricing model... If anything Rogers should provide better pricing to early adopters on an unadvertised soft opening which users are practically beta testing for their hard launch.

pvanb
I Plan to Stick Around
That being said, I'm still looking forward to hearing about the usability/features from the brave early adopters. So please keep posting that stuff 😉

mcsandy
I Plan to Stick Around

@pvanb

Yes not to be bitter its just more disappointing this should be a exciting launch at improving the overall end customer experience. Lets hope they get their pricing model fixed on the hard launch. 

pvanb
I Plan to Stick Around

@mcsandy — I'm not apologizing for the pricing, but I do understand the reasoning for it. I am apologizing for derailing the conversation, however.

mcsandy
I Plan to Stick Around

@pvanb

Understood. It seems like Rogers is testing the waters for the boundaries customers are willing to pay. No doubt the hardware cost on this is putting a nice dent in their pocket.