X Box One S - Rogers 4K Box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

X Box One S - Rogers 4K Box

Hi there,

I just purchased a Xbox One S and tried to hook up my Rogers 4K cable box through the Xbox One S. All the regular SD and HD channels work fine when I use Xbox Live TV, but when I try to go on one of the 4K channels, I see this on the screen:

"This is a 4K UHD content that requires a HDCP 2.2 compatible 4K TV for display. Please call us at 1-888-ROGERS1 for more information."

Things were working fine when it went directly from the 4K cable box to the TV directly. Can this be solved?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: X Box One S - Rogers 4K Box

Might sound obvious but it seems that the XBOX One S may not be HDCP 2.2 yet....maybe a firmware update?

dreamercast

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Good thought indeed, but I just did a search online and sites are saying the Xbox One S does support HDCP 2.2 output since it's also a 4K UHD blu-ray player. Hopefully it can be fixed either from a firmware update on the Xbox or the Rogers box?

Also should not be a problem with the HDMI cables as I've been using the same cables that have worked when not plugged through the Xbox One S.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just got a reply from Microsoft, turns out the Xbox One S does not pass-through 4K, only can output 4K. Looks like this is a hardware issue that can't be patched as well, it's their HDMI input that's the issue. 😞