Wow...Customer Care's gone downhill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Wow...Customer Care's gone downhill

I had a period in which the rental of my two HD digitial boxes (one regular, the other PVR) was free.  That expired at the end of this month.  I noticed my bill jumped to $120/month (an over $40 increase).  I called to drop down to basic cable, and they didn't bat an eye.  Usually, they fire me off to Customer Care to see if they can retain me.  Not at all this time.

Customer Care not a priority anymore?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Wow...Customer Care's gone downhill

A lot of reps have nerves to do this. They think they are at the right to not do anything at all. This is why i record the convos when i call Rogers. SO if any stupidity like this happens i have voice recordings showing the way reps from Rogers treat us costumers. I would suggest calling back & speaking to a Manager. Ask the rep you would like to speak to a manager & explain to them what happened. They will be able to lower the cable for you.

I'm Here A Lot

Why the bleep do they charge $20 per month for a PVR? They only charge a fraction of that for the cable modem and I'm sure the PVR is not that expensive comparably.  They should be charging no more than $5 a month.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I am paying 24.99 for my HD PVR & 12.99 for the HD box. This seems pretty expensive to rent a PVR each month for 24.99. I pay 64.99 for cable + 24.99 for my PVR + another 12.99 for the HD box. comes out to 124 something with taxes each month without any pay per views movies or anything.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You have to compare costs as well.

The PVRs cost.. 350ish to BUY one.
So it takes you over a years worth of rental fee's to come to the cost of buying the box.  Until that year is up, you are actualy saving money. After that year, technicaly you are paying MORE 😞  

BUT.. one thing to look at too, is if you BUY it, it has a 1 year warranty.. if it dies outside that, your spending $350 again.
With the rental.. if ANYTHING is wrong with it, you can get it swapped for FREE.  With the 8300pvr, over 4 years, i had to swap mine out 5 times (Hard drives died 3 of the 5 times).. so in the end, it paid for itself that way.

As for customer care not doing anything to 'keep' you... while i can understand in some ways... what makes you so special over the rest of us.. that they should bend over backwards and give you more free stuff just to keep you, over the rest of us who have to pay for it?
The promo you had, was the same as bell, other companies do at the begining.. give you some perks for joining them.. but then you fall in regular payment as everyone else.

In the end.. people need to check what their priorities are..  IF you do not watch a huge amount of TV.. and in some rooms dont watch the digital only channels.. drop a box if you need to.. if you dont need HD in a room, get an SD box instead.

really in the end.. its not that bad overall... lets break down  on PVR at $24 and not adding extra channels but VIP service at under 70... so lets round it up to $95 a month.

Devide that by 30 days.. thats 3.16 per DAY for 24 hours of watchable TV.

(technicaly, if you had 2 people in the house, device that in half, thats 1.58 a person a day).

Compare that to most other forms of entertainment to go out to (movies etc), you will find it actualy very cheap.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

GDkitty. Please Read the post again. The person called Rogers to Change the Cable & they refused to do so. In this way i see this as disrespect & also not a good service provided from Rogers. No where do i see the poster complaining about the cost of the service. All they said is that they say a 120/month so they called & refused to change the cable plan. Here is a better way to read it again. 

"I had a period in which the rental of my two HD digitial boxes (one regular, the other PVR) was free.  That expired at the end of this month.  I noticed my bill jumped to $120/month (an over $40 increase).  I called to drop down to basic cable, and they didn't bat an eye.  Usually, they fire me off to Customer Care to see if they can retain me.  Not at all this time.

Customer Care not a priority anymore?"

I agree with the poster tho. Rogers should have been able to change the Cable package without a doubt. This is a bad show from a Rogers rep. Another first from Rogers one would say but this is not new.  Unfortunately Rogers reps do this if they do not feel like changing it for you. Its been said in many pages / post / threads how they treat you. Like i said your best bet is to call back & speak to a Manager or a supervisor & tell them your story. They would be able to change it. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is not what i read from the OP's original post. 

without the OP posting again, we wont know, but that line that you bolded can be taken different ways.

I read that as, they called to change it down to basic... (which nets rogers LESS money), and they dindnt bat an eye at it... in other words they DID do it.... INSTEAD of sending them to customer care, to try and see what they could to, to keep them on (retain them) as a customer paying more money to them for the higher service.

I dont get anything out of it, that they WOULD NOT change the OP's cable plan...

And they ARE complaining about the cost in their original post.
With NO payments for boxes, they were only paying a small amount for their cable service.  Now that they box renals were not free for them, the cost of their bill, went up (probably mostly from the now paying for the box rentals).  I was trying to extrapolate on the box rental costs and why they are that way.. maybe a little side topic.. but still relivent.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

It could be read differently BUT i am sure you can read it as the way its supposed to be ment. It's not hard to understand it. He complained that they never let him change the Cable package to down grade it. Where in their post did they complain about the price? I only see it as they saw the bill & called in to change the package no where do i see them complaining....
I'm Here A Lot

He's not complaining that they didn't drop him down to Basic Cable.

He's complaining because they did drop him down to Basic Cable without offering him a better deal to stay at the current tier he was at.

Pretty simple.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes i can see it your way.. but also as mine.
Unless you know the original poster personaly... EITHER explantion could be correct.. you dont 100% know your way is correct.

"I had a period in which the rental of my two HD digitial boxes (one regular, the other PVR) was free.  That expired at the end of this month.  I noticed my bill jumped to $120/month (an over $40 increase)."  

They are complaing here about a $40 increase in their bill.. this $40 would be aprox the cost of the two HD box rentals, which they would not be having to pay for.

My post, was explaining WHY the boxes were so expensive for rental.. maybe a little of a side topic to the problem, but explaining that IF they wanted the digital boxes still, why they are that pricing.

"I called to drop down to basic cable, and they didn't bat an eye.  Usually, they fire me off to Customer Care to see if they can retain me. "

Basic cable.. at least to my understanding.. which would be phased out soon.. is the NO digital.. just cable into your house, no digital boxes.  This would be ther person going from a... $57+ package to a $38+package, no box rental, etc.
To me what i get from that line, is them saying that rogers didnt make an attempt to keep them at the digital (RETAIN THEM), by giving them some other sort of promo.. they just let them drop it down to basic..

I am just trying to give my opinion on how the situation appears.. which can be either way.  Until/IF the original poster posts again, either of our answers is just as valid.