My FINAL bill from Rogers is $126.48 but having just spoken with a CSR rep, I am owed $131.24 in credits because they over-charged me? Would you pay Roger's $126.48 now and then wait for three months for them to, hopefully, sent you a cheque for $257.72 or just wait for the credits to be applied to the current bill? What would the community recommend?
If Rogers is going to charge me interest for not paying at 18% a year, where is the interest for the customer since I'm loaning them over $250 for a couple of months?
This seems slightly odd. Usually if an amount is owed and documented as such, it would have been applied effective immediately or by a supervisor in the backend as a documented promise. If the amount due to be credits is in dispute rather than a guarentee, then this would explain as to why it has not been applied.
From personal experience, adjustments can be applied to be effective immediately rather than as per your billing cycle, but would only affect your current balace rather than your actual bill.
The only other reason that I can think of as to why it would not have already been applied is that there is either unreturned hardware that was charged to the line that has yet to be registered as returned, a case was sent to the back office team for review of charges, or the credits themselves are in dispute. Not that I doubt anyone, just that those tend to be the major causes of delays in adjustments.
I would recommend paying your bill in full and allow the adjustments to take place afterwards. If you do your payments via Credit Card, rather than wait for them to mail out the credit balance via cheque you can have them put a request through to have the amount refunded via the same card that the prior payment was made.
Hope this helps.
Rogers wins. I'm paying the $126 and then waiting for my $250 credit. If this stream is still up in 2 months, I'll update all on when the cheque arrives.
To Micolas - all of the equipment has been returned.