Would you pay the late charge?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Would you pay the late charge?

My FINAL bill from Rogers is $126.48 but having just spoken with a CSR rep, I am owed $131.24 in credits because they over-charged me? Would you pay Roger's $126.48 now and then wait for three months for them to, hopefully, sent you a cheque for $257.72 or just wait for the credits to be applied to the current bill? What would the community recommend?

***Edited Labels.**

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Would you pay the late charge?

Hello peregrine

I would pay the whole thing and then wait for the credits to happen. If you don't pay the the final bill or at least the other half, they will send your account and info to the credit department and even if they owe u a credit, they will still do it unless the credit is done before hand..

When you call into Rogers, have them give you a interaction number for the phone call and Note saying they owe you $131.24. That way you won't have to worry.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If Rogers is going to charge me interest for not paying at 18% a year, where is the interest for the customer since I'm loaning them over $250 for a couple of months?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello peregrine

If your last bill is $126.48 and they are going to credit you 131.24 your late charge fee will be around $2-$4 bucks. Not more then that so they credit they give you will cover that late fee.

Its best to pay the Final bill you have and wait for the credits to come. I will highly recommend and suggest when speaking to them, have them write it down on your account and ask them to give you the interaction number for that call and Note saying about the credit. This way you pay your final bill and then you get it back.

That's the best thing to do. About the late charge? We all have the pay it but you are getting a credit for that as well
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

What a strange way to do business. Most companies would apply you credit before sending out the bill. Thus you would owe nothing and have the remaining credit sent to you.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jays77

I do agree. I am sure they can can do it but might need the back end team to do it
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The credit or what was done for it, may not have been figures out till after that bill anyways?

Generally, if the credit was applied before hand than yes it should apply and not have to pay out the amount.
EG: got my last bill and inquired on something, didn't expect a credit but they have one anyways. That credit went on right away, and already reflected in what I owed.

Best would be to call in and ask what it currently says to pay. If the credits have been applied already, then no worries.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello,

This seems slightly odd. Usually if an amount is owed and documented as such, it would have been applied effective immediately or by a supervisor in the backend as a documented promise. If the amount due to be credits is in dispute rather than a guarentee, then this would explain as to why it has not been applied. 

From personal experience, adjustments can be applied to be effective immediately rather than as per your billing cycle, but would only affect your current balace rather than your actual bill. 

The only other reason that I can think of as to why it would not have already been applied is that there is either unreturned hardware that was charged to the line that has yet to be registered as returned, a case was sent to the back office team for review of charges, or the credits themselves are in dispute. Not that I doubt anyone, just that those tend to be the major causes of delays in adjustments.

I would recommend paying your bill in full and allow the adjustments to take place afterwards. If you do your payments via Credit Card, rather than wait for them to mail out the credit balance via cheque you can have them put a request through to have the amount refunded via the same card that the prior payment was made.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Micolas

Agreed with you 100% on this. The OP needs to pay their final bill in full & then wait for the credit to happen. The credit the OP is getting must be coming from the back end team office & they take 1-3 weeks to give them out depending on what type of credit it is.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers wins. I'm paying the $126 and then waiting for my $250 credit. If this stream is still up in 2 months, I'll update all on when the cheque arrives.

To Micolas - all of the equipment has been returned.