Worst customer service I've seen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Worst customer service I've seen

Hi, Rogers

My 4 people family plan expired by xmas, so I started to look for renewal. I use Samsung rugby, perfect phone so I wanted dataphones with the same features. After checking Samsung site found ideal phone for me - Samsung galaxy rugby LTE, but for some reason Bell and Telus have it and Rogers not. And it started. I called to customer service to ask if there are any plans for element-protected phones - answer no, they reccomend me outdated phone w/out LTE. OK. I went to one of the biggest store in the sity (Hamilton, ON) - Best Buy with the same question -they nicely reccomend me to go online, find the phone and plan and come back to them to do paperwork. M-m-m?

Last hope was official Rogers store on Upper Games. You probably think of places like this as a gateway to all new ideas and equipment Rogers Has - BIG MISTAKE. The clerk has no idea even about phones Rogers offers online. I asked about some models they should have and what they can offer - listen to the answer - "choose the phone from the shelf (about 4 main models), all other phones discontinued. To question when it happenad - answer "today" , and site is not updated yet.

So big sign on Rogers home page about latest phones and technologies is big LIE and customer serviceis worst I've seen.. Next two weeks I plan to terminate my relationship with Rogers (from techical point of view it is sad, I liked plan and coverage), but probably Rogers became too big to care about customers

Thank you

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Worst customer service I've seen

Hello unhappycustmer

I understand your frustration BUT the problem is not Rogers as the company here. The store reps are not trained from their managers to know everything about the new phones they get. They are not trained to know which phones they get. That is the problem. Also remember, stores carry phones that Rogers has discontinued BUT Rogers over the phone & online has taken them down. This does happen with every single carrier. The stock the store has, needs to be sold so they just put them as a deal.

Bell & Telus has a exclusive rights on the Galaxy Rugby LTE. This is why Rogers does not carry it. Rogers does carry a few phone like that one BUT most of them are high end smartphones. This is what carriers do.

The sign on the Rogers site is NOT a lie. You are mistaken by this because some reps at the store give you the wrong info. Remember, Best Buy reps are NOT Rogers reps. They are not selling Rogers branded phones & plans. They do NOT work with Rogers. They work for Best Buy. You should take it up with Best Buy. As for the Rogers store, you should speak to a Manager & see what they say.

All in all, I understand your frustration because i had to deal with it on Bell.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thanks for reply. If you are so good with Rogers phones please reccomend me element-protected rogers phones with LTE support and please brand, model and rogers product code not just "they have phones with this features"

Thank you

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello unhapycustome

After looking online on the Rogers site. It appears Rogers does NOT carry any element-protected phones with LTE. The only phones they have ar ethe Motorola Defy Pro & the Samsung Galaxy Rugby. None of those have LTE tho. It seems Rogers does not carry any of those in LTE. Does LTE really matter tho? Just out of curiosity .

From also looking around, it seems Bell has a better choice.