Wireless internet pricing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zbign1
I Plan to Stick Around

Wireless internet pricing

Once again the rural mobile Internet users are getting hosed. Recently virgin mobile (bell) and fido( Rogers ) are offering unlimited wireless home Internet packages for around $60. Unlimited. Under Rogers high usage plan my bills are consistently  $ 110 plus tax for usage over 20gb up to 50 gb and whether I use 21gb or 49 gb the price remains the same. Expensive and unfair pricing but once again, being rural, my options are bell or Rogers. 

These new packages by virgin and fido  prove that better pricing can be done. Why do we continue to get gouged. 

I live 30 minutes from London Ontario along the 401 corridor. the network in this area has been established for some time. I will no longer accept network access as an excuse for expensive service. I can't begin to describe who frustrating thus is.

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Wireless internet pricing

Hi @zbign1

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums!

We appreciate your feedback and welcome you to keep an eye on Rogers.com for new plans options  and  cable internet availability in your area in the future.

RogersPrasana

zbign1
I Plan to Stick Around

Good grief there are 5 homes within a kilometer of my home. Our expectations for cable are non existent yet there are 6 cell towers within a 5 kilometer radius of my location. The frustrating part is that these unlimited wireless services are being offered in areas that already have dozens of options while rural customers are gouged or forgotten about. It would not cost bell or Rogers an additional penny to offer rural customers this. 

My pursuit of fairness in pricing will continue outside of this forum . The existence of more cost effective plans through virgin mobile and fido prove that better pricing can be achieved. This discrimination must end.

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@zbign1 ... Why stay with Rogers if the competition is better?  They obviously, from your comments  have no special feelings of commitment or loyalty  to you ... why reciprocate? 

zbign1
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I agree but respectfully I believe you missed the part in the thread where I stated I have no choice. that's why I'm commenting in this forum.

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Sorry  ...I thought the only reason  you would have no choice would be availability.If you can get Rogers can't you get Fido?

We get our internet from execulink  .... I don't know if it is the cheapest but super people to deal with .   But I don't know  that they go out your way. 

markymarkl
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers your question

"The reason that wireless Internet rates are more expensive is due to the availability of space: wireless bandwidth is much more limited at this time than cable bandwidth, so access to it comes at a premium rate. No one is able to offer wireless Internet at the same rates as hard-wired."

If you have any questions about this concern, please let us know.

Thank you,

markymarkl
I Plan to Stick Around

Except for Telus in Alberta and BC

NormanWalsh
I've Been Around

Sprint bought Virgin Mobile get this  Rogers Telecom is Sprint just as Fido is owned by Rogers Communications.  If you buy from any others provider they still need to use Bell lines or Rogers lines. I am sure you see the bigger picture.