cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Plans & Pricing

Ruthie58
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone else have a problem with the outrageous prices charged for wireless plans? Many hands f us cannot afford to have data on our cells because the prices start at $90 a mth. It is just not practical. There has to be a way for them to lower their prices so everyone can afford it.

*Edited Labels*

72 REPLIES 72

Re: Wireless Plans & Pricing

lackoftalent
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello RogersZia

you say you don't make change to a users plan unless they say so.

Then why did they change my Premium Tab to LGCY.

I didnt' ask for that. 

This is what you say. Rogers did different

You should be able to check the subsidy status on MyRogers. As far as the change to a No Tab plan is concerned, we do not make any changes to a user's plan unless it's requested by the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact. If you feel are interested in saving on your monthly plan by switching to a No Tab plan, feel free to reach out to us and we'd be happy to assist you. 

You can contact us via PM to CommunityHelps or contact us via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers. 

You can find more information on our private message system here

Hello @lackoftalent!

Your plan has not been changed. You can still opt to keep this plan as is, even if it is a legacy plan. It's just not eligible for an upgrade.

I would recommend that you do the math on changing plans and getting a phone with a FlexTab over 2-years vs. purchasing a phone outright and maintaining your current plan over 2-years. Whichever you find saves you the most money, you should go for.

Personally, I kept the same plan from 2012 until just last year, opting to buy phones outright until it made more financial sense to get a FlexTab than it did to buy outright when I did the math.

I don't want to pressure you into making a decision you don't feel comfortable with. I just want you to get the best possible deal we can offer you.

Regards,

RogersCorey

lackoftalent
I Plan to Stick Around
thanks for replying

kevinf2015
I Plan to Stick Around

Why Our Rogers Pre-Paid Plans Not Competitive?

I really don't understand this. For post-paid plans, you know how it is. Rogers comes out with something and Bell and Telus do the same, and vice-versa. So, it begs the question, why is Rogers lacking when it comes to their prepaid plan?

I was on the $15 unlimited text plan with Rogers for about a year, then I noticed with Bell it was the same price + it included international text messaging + 100MB if you signed up for Auto-Pay, which is helpful if I'm in an emergency and have to pull up a quick map or something. So, I switched to Bell. 

Due to covid-19 and having to work from home in March, I had to look for options with minutes. Both Bell and Telus offer $35 for unlimited canada-wide minutes. With Rogers Prepaid it's $55 and local only. As of a few weeks ago and it's still being offered, Bell and Telus give you $35 with unlimited canada-wide minutes and 1GB of Data and unlimited text incl international. 

Why is Rogers is still only for $55 giving unlimited local calling, no data, and unlim text incl international? 

I'd rather be with Rogers to be honest and I wish they would be more competitive with their plans.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@kevinf2015  The beauty of pre-paid plans is that you're not locked in with a contract and today you can ask Rogers to unlock your phone for free. Rogers has never had the best value for money pre-paid plans. Don't complain, just take your business elsewhere.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

GD21
I've Been Around

In chatting with Rogers agent I was told there are capped no share data plans that are cheaper than the $75 10GB Ignite plan. Was told that the plan comparator tool would provide options. But, it only shows Ignite. I own my device outright. Now only phone on plan, so don't need share everything.  Can someone point me to the various no share plan options?

Hello @GD21

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats are in order on your very first post with us! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound. I've actually had our new Rogers Infinite Plan for quite some time now and it's lovely that I don't have to keep a constant eye on my usage. Worry-free unlimited data is great! 👍 

Have you had the chance to have a gander at the plans offered to you via logging into your MyRogers account? If you can kindly send us a message at @CommunityHelps we'd be more than happy to have a look into some options for you. In the event that you're unfamiliar with our private messaging system, feel free to Click Here.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

RogersJo 

MrSebbo
I've Been Here Awhile

I wonder if anyone else encountered this.

I've contacted customer service regarding purchasing a new phone. Being a long lasting customer, I figured I would get a good promotion. Instead, I and told theirs nothing they can do and they can only offer to lower my plan which would make my bill cheaper when getting a new phone.

After some long discussions and dealings with very rude representatives. The offer me a 100 good will credit as long as I purchase a new phone.

Then I am also offered a free tablet. Upon more questioning, I find out its a ZTE tablet that is simply terrible and I must sign a 24 month contract.

If I did not due my research, I could have been locked into Rogers with their "free" tablet promotion.

Would love to know what can be done about these deceitful representatives and if better promotions are available???

Hello, @MrSebbo

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I would like to start by saying we really appreciate your loyalty to the Rogers brand. In the past, we had a device subsidy program where we were able to provide discounts to both your plan and the hardware upgrade costs. Recently, we changed to the device financing program you can learn all about it by clicking here.

With regards to the tablet offer, it is based on a two-year term but there are no monthly fees and no financing costs for the tablet. As long as you keep your wireless plan over the two-year term there are no costs associated with the tablet and you can cancel after the two-year term when the promo ends and keep the tablet.

It definitely was not our intention to mislead you in any way which is why all of the details regarding the tablet offer was disclosed to you before agreeing. 

RogersTony

MrSebbo
I've Been Here Awhile
Thank you for the reply but the details were not disclosed to me about the tablet until I looked it up online on my own. That's very deceiving, and what I don't understand is that now instead of customers being able to get a new phone at a low price, you now have to pay for it monthly? I just don't understand the benefits to that in the least.

I would love for that to be explained to me.
Topic Stats