Wireless/Data

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Wireless/Data

I'm using the Acer Liquid E phone and I keep seeing a bunch of different symbols on my phone where the 3g or WiFi symbols are located. I get that if it says 3g then I'm using my data connection and if it has the WiFi symbol then I'm using wireless connection, but somethimes I see an H↕ symbol or an E↕ symbol; what do these mean?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

Re: Wireless/Data

FIrst off seeing these different letters is not a bad thing. Heres the definitions:

H -> Stands for HPSA which is sometimes referred to as 3.5G. You normally will only see this when data is being accessed. Basically the only difference is the data speeds are faster than 3G

E -> Stands for EDGE which is sometimes referred to as 2G. Depending where you are you might see the device drop to 2G. This just signifies that the area you are in doesnt have enough 3G signal to function. EDGE only has two differences compared to 3G. a.) Slower data speeds and b.) you cant talk and use data at the same time

Hope this was helpful,

Cheers!

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation