Windows 8.1 for all Lumia devices ( Lumia 920 /1020 /1520) & others.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Windows 8.1 for all Lumia devices ( Lumia 920 /1020 /1520) & others.

Okay, I’m now well beyond annoyed with Rogers effort in supplying the WP 8.1 update for my Lumia 920.

There simply is no justification for the glacial pace providing this required OS update to all of the Rogers customers who have invested in the both your service and this phone. Particularly when you look at the progress of other wireless providers around the world.

So let me make this as clear as I can. Rogers; I want the WP 8.1 update for my Lumia 920 and I want it now. Get off your duff and send it out. No more delays, no more excuses!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

JimC I'm as anxious to get 8.1 on my 920 as you are but according to the Nokia site, TELUS is at the same pace as Rogers on this. I'm not trying to defend Rogers, I just saying that the problem seems to be elsewhere.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The "problem", as you say, is that Nokia hasn't released the Cyan update bits for the 920 yet. They just confirmed that it's a matter of days now.

Once released by Nokia, the carriers will let the update go out and we'll receive both Windows Phone 8.1 and the Cyan bits together.

Few hours to wait...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not true.

Cyan for the 920 has been released in Croatia, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, to name a few.

This seems to be very carrier dependant.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Apparently the update is now available for the Lumia 920 in Canada:

http://www.wpcentral.com/lumia-cyan-update-rolling-out-lumia-920-smartphones-canada

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Checked, it says Update for Windows Developer Preview, which is funny since it doesn't say anything firmware related in the description.

It probably is Cyan but still.

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

People are reporting the update is just for the developers preview. Can anyone actually confirm that Rogers is pushing out Lumia Cyan?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeap http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355 it is not Cyan nor 8.1

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you saying the update was for the Developers Preview? Not Cyan?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well it makes sense since my 920 is still preforming the same after the update and it did say an Update for Windows Developer Preview instead of Nokia Firmware...