Windows 8.1 for all Lumia devices ( Lumia 920 /1020 /1520) & others.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShinraCorp
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Windows 8.1 for all Lumia devices ( Lumia 920 /1020 /1520) & others.

So true and sadly Nokia McLaren has been cancelled apparently so it seems the 930 is the flagship for now.
Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Corman
I Plan to Stick Around

Since the McLaren was cancelled, I have a feeling we'll see a true successor to the Lumia 925. I've been saying it for months and now even WPCentral seems to agree. I think the Lumia 935 will be coming to Canada within the next few months. I have absolutely no confirmation or even proof of this but it makes sense. There's also been no leaks...

The Nokia Lumia 930 is just the Nokia Lumia Icon. It's a nice device but the design and screen are not what most people expect from a flagship in North America. There's no glance screen support. It's not a true successor to the Lumia 920 and I don't think it was ever meant to be one. Really, it should have been called something else other than the 930. However, the true successor to the Lumia 920 was actually already released, the Lumia 925. We just never got it in Canada. So, I think the successor to the Lumia 920 will actually be a successor of the Lumia 925 - the Lumia 935. Call me crazy... Then again, this could have also been canned along with McLaren.

Glen_B
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I sure hope that they fix the battery issues or I might consider moving away from the Windows platform.   I really like my phone, a Lumia 920 but if I run anything such as the camera, or 6tag, really anything but email, phone or texts, it starts to really heat up and doesn't stop until I turn it off.   I hoped the last update would fix this because it allowed me to click the X to close an app rather than just backing out of it but that hasn't worked.   Now I've heard some say that 8.1 provides some battery improvements as long as Cortana is not used.   That will keep me happy for a while.   Altough, every time I check back here I read a message that says it will be out in a another couple of months.   So now we are expecting it at the end of August.  It can't come soon enough.    

Corman
I Plan to Stick Around

You should try using the Nokia Recovery tool. I had the same issue with my L920 and it's been resolved. Every 2-3 weeks my phone will discharge very fast but powering it off and then back on again resolves the issue.

I will say this. When my device (any device) is in an area with poor LTE reception, my battery drains extremely quick. Where I work it the worst for this. I have to take my phone out of my pocket and place it on my desk or else the battery will drain very quickly. When I'm not at work, my battery will last nearly two days with moderate use. The same issue with my Telus Lumia 625 - drains really quickly while in the office. At home, I get a week with little use.

Glen_B
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the suggestion.  Where did you get the Nokia recovery tool?

DEEP
I've Been Here Awhile

I am really wondering why the Windows 8.1 and Cyan update for Lumia 1020 is taking so long?

Is a Rogers manager waiting for his daughter to report on it?

At least an informative update notification from Rogers would be nice. Rogers is good at sending me junk messages. Why not something useful?

The following site is something to go by but why certifications takes so long is unfathomable. http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-americ...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

As of today, the Cyan Update for the Lumia 1020 has been released and anyone that has the Lumia 1020 ca download it! Have fun and let us know how you like it and all! 🙂

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/08/07/nokia-lumia-1020-receiving-cyan-update-in-canada/
Glen_B
I Plan to Stick Around

According to the Nokia site, only phones with Windows 8.1 can install Cyan.  Is 8.1 available for the 1020?  Does this mean that it will be availble for the 920 shortly?

postidol
I'm Here A Lot

All and all the update seams great, except the two things I wanted to play with don't seams to be working, or maybe I am doing something wrong? I can't get the "folders" feature to work and I can't get Cortana.

I tried all the little tricks to activate Cortana Alpha that have been suggested online, still nothing.

Anyone know? I got a 1020.

michael-r4
I Plan to Stick Around

You really are not missing much with Cortana,,,Try Indigo Artificial Solutions,,You will find her in the app store,, She is way more advanced than the current Cortana,, As well Cotana takes over any type of bluetooth you may have in your automobile and she can mess things up,,,I uninstalled her because i could no longer send any voice texting