Windows 7 shutdown hangs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Windows 7 shutdown hangs

Just got a new Dell Desktop.  Installed ROP.  Shutdown hangs.  If I close ROP and then shutdown, it works.  Weird!

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Windows 7 shutdown hangs

Rogers Online Protection is, mildly speaking, not very good peace of software almost in any aspect. It is most likely halted your Win7 because you did not deactivate Windows Defender and Windows Firewall services.

I suggest uninstalling ROP ASAP and use reputable security solution, like Kaspersky Pure or Norton Internet Security.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TeDD13 wrote:

Rogers Online Protection is, mildly speaking, not very good peace of software almost in any aspect. It is most likely halted your Win7 because you did not deactivate Windows Defender and Windows Firewall services.

I suggest uninstalling ROP ASAP and use reputable security solution, like Kaspersky Pure or Norton Internet Security.

+1 to this.

There are much better solutions, even free ones.

Suprisingly one of the better rated free ones, is Microsoft Security Esentials.  I have had it pick up stuff that Norton and AVG have missed.

I'm Here A Lot

thanks. 

i'll try ms security.