Windows 10 and Rogers Connection Manager

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Windows 10 and Rogers Connection Manager

I have recently upgraded to a Windows 10 laptop.  Windows has taken control of my Rogers Internet Stick, and the Rogers Connection Manager can no longer connect to or manage the internet stick.  Is there any way of giving control back to the Connection Manager?

***Edited Labels*** 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Windows 10 and Rogers Connection Manager

Hello @moonlightecho,

I checked Rogers.com here and could not find Windows 10 on the compatibility list. Are you referring to the LTE WiFi Rocket Stick E8372 and is it connecting despite the Connection Manager not working

Has anyone else in the Community experienced a similar issue? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It does not have wifi.  Windows refers to it as AirCard 330U.

It does still connect to the internet. Its just that Windows controls it now. 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@moonlightecho, if it connects to the Internet, I would continue to use it. We will keep you posted if there are any compatibility updates for Windows 10 with the Connection Manager itself. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I live in a rural area and finally today I got Windows 10 loaded over my Roger's stick, but the connection manager does not work.  It appears windows is running the stick.  The internet is much slower than it was with Windows 7.  I unloaded and reloaded the Rogers device with no improvement in speed.  The connection manager screen will appear on the desktop but it does not light up like it used to showing the GB dial and the speed.  I did a troubleshooting test and all it said was that there was a compatability problem.  I need help too!

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @dpmcdermand,

Welcome to the Community! 

Are you still experiencing the issue with slow speeds? Windows 10 should be controlling your stick. Have you tried running a speedtest? Have you tried different browsers? Please let us know. 

@Datalink@Gdkitty, Any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam