Will the new Moto X be coming to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Will the new Moto X be coming to Rogers?

I fully understand what you are saying. I'm just dissapointed that Rogers wont be getting this phone as I was eagerly awaiting it. Hopefully the new nexus will be announced sooner rather than later.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RiverCitySlim

Yeah that's true. It could be Motorola causing it due to some kind of agreement issue with Rogers or just Rogers doesn't want to bring it. No one knows what's going on. I do agree though it is disappointing.

Hopefully the Nexus devices does get announced soon!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

If I buy it from US Amazon or Motorola (unlocked), would it work on Rogers?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bhavikt

You need to see the specs of the device and also you need to see the frequencies and model number of it to see if it matches the Rogers frequencies.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I believe it will work.  The Moto X Style will work on the following LTE bands B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 25, 28, 40 and 41.  According to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks#Americas) , Rogers uses LTE bands  4, 7 and 17.  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @soulchild_73 & @bhavikt

Indeed it will work on Rogers with GSM, UMTS, and on LTE.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Does anyone know if there is a particular reason why Rogers is snubbing the Moto phones?  Its odd that they are missing the boat yet again for the 3rd generation of their devices.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RCanavan

It's also Motorola that is causing the problem as well. It all depends on the agreement they have.