Will the new Moto X be coming to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Will the new Moto X be coming to Rogers?

The new Moto X looks amazing, and I was quite excited considering that last year's model was exclusive to Rogers.

Now it seems that it is only availible on Telus! 

Does anyone know if it will be coming at some point?

If not I am seriously considering switching to Telus for it. Very silly move on Rogers' part.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Will the new Moto X be coming to Rogers?

Hello MCaron 

Unfortunately there is no way to know unless Rogers publicly announces it will come or says something.  It most liekly is a Telus exclusive at the moment unless otherwise said.  It could be that Rogers didn't get the contract with Motorola due to many factors. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MCaron 

Unfortunately there is no way to know unless Rogers publicly announces it will come or says something.  It most liekly is a Telus exclusive at the moment unless otherwise said.  It could be that Rogers didn't get the contract with Motorola due to many factors. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm setting up a friend with her first cell phone and I really want to get her the new X.  I've waited a bit to see if Rogers would make an announcement but at this point looks like there's no choice but to go with Telus.

BTW, anyone know if Rogers will be the 2014 Moto G?  They should have announced it by now. I'd think. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello andmalc22

I don't think they will seeing as Telus got it. Maybe after 90 days that Telus has had it they will but only time will tell
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ctatham

That's not the new Moto X the OP is speaking of.. That is the old Motorola X
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello chineeboy

Yes as confirmed on the above posts... Telus will only carrier the new Moto X unless they only have a 90 days exclusive and then Rogers may get it but I doubt it
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was all excited to see the new Moto phones anounced today but it looks like none of them will be carried by Rogers, very disapointing. I love my 2013 Moto X but it will soon be time to replace it. Hopefully the new Nexus will be anounced soon or Rogers will have nothing for me.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RiverCitySlim

One thing that many fail to understand is that it's up to the carriers and manufacturers on if the device will be carried at that specific carrier. It all depends on the money, contracts, agreements and such.

Either way I know the next Nexus will be carried on many carriers.