Will the Rogers GOLD HTC One M8 work on the wind network unlocked?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Will the Rogers GOLD HTC One M8 work on the wind network unlocked?

I can not get an answer from anyone in the stores.....

I thought it did, till I went into the store and the guy said I would need to put a new antenna in it! I just need an expert to clarify for me please before I drop $800+

I just want to buy, unlock, pop in my wind sim, and go...

Thanks so much

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Will the Rogers GOLD HTC One M8 work on the wind network unlocked?

H ello proprietor1

No i understood you properly.. Rogers devices WILL work on Wind but u won't get LTE unfortunately. Only 3G and or EDGE. Modding the Antennas and changing then will void the warranty and u won't have any warranty on thr device if anything happens. Then u will need to pay more to fix the device if anything happens. Just a heads up.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello proprietor1

Why you going to do that? Might as well pay the money and get from the states which will compatible with wind?. If u buy a Rogers one and change the antennas, u will need to change more then that as well.

It's not really worth it and will cost u more in the end.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Lol, I think you misread.

I want to buy the phone from the Rogers store, they will unlock it for me for 60 bucks. Im in downtown Toronto. Once I went into the store, the guy said it will not work on wind, unless I mod the antenna. But on the rogers website it says the phone itself supports bands for winds mobile's networks? 

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

GSM Bands:
850/900/1800/1900
HSPA+/HSPA Bands:
850/1700/1900/2100
LTE Bands:
AWS / 2600 / 700MHz

Wind's M8 specs

Frequencies / Bands
UMTS: 2100/1900/1700/850 Mhz 
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900

If i buy from the US, Ill have to pay import fees right? And the exchange plus a 2% fee. And play the waiting game with shipping....no thanks!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

H ello proprietor1

No i understood you properly.. Rogers devices WILL work on Wind but u won't get LTE unfortunately. Only 3G and or EDGE. Modding the Antennas and changing then will void the warranty and u won't have any warranty on thr device if anything happens. Then u will need to pay more to fix the device if anything happens. Just a heads up.

View solution in original post