Will the Nexus Prime or Galaxy Nexus come to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Will the Nexus Prime or Galaxy Nexus come to Rogers?

@Mathieu wrote:
One thing for sure, you asking information is not going to change anything in Rogers schedule.

On that Mathieu, we can agree.  And I was never expecting to change the schedule.  It would just be nice to get a response.  I realize customer service is a thing of the past, that doesn't mean I have to like it -- or even let it pass quietly.

I Plan to Stick Around

it still would be nice to know if Rogers at least has plans of getting this phone. 

I'll get an iPhone 4S and sell it if I have to, but lately it seems like Rogers gets all the good phones LAST. 

Case and point, the Galaxy S2, Bell has had it for MONTHS, and Rogers still hasn't delivered. 

I also hope they get both version of the Nexus, I know that's too much to ask, but if you don't live in an LTE area, or have no intentions of using LTE, then you shouldn't have to pay extra for it. 

We've known for a while that Verizon is getting it, why can't we know the same for Rogers?

They announced the Razr, but it's "meh" compared to the Galaxy Nexus. 

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/the-motorola-razr/

I've Been Here Awhile

Totally agree with you. I've just surpassed the 3 year contract with Rogers...I was hoping they'd get the galaxy S2, but, no...I've waited so long for the flagship S2, my contract is now expired. I was so close to tranferring over to Bell 2 weeks ago...But now I'm waiting for the Nexus prime to be in Canada, I believe november. Whichever service provider it's with I'm switching over. Phones are more important than the providers in the end. Their prices are all basically the same. For the big 3 anyways

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah man, the RAZR like, come on. I hate Motorola lol, google is the way of the future

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah man, the RAZR like, come on. I hate Motorola lol, google is the way of the future

Google owns Motorola! Smiley Very Happy

I get your point though, the Galaxy Nexus is much more desirable than the Razr. 

Community Manager (Retired) RogersGina
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey guys,
We can't comment on devices that haven't been announced yet. Redboard is your best resource for new product announcements.

http://redboard.rogers.com/
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogersgina

The problem is that you guys are not even commenting about S2 for which you have been taking reservations for a month now! Dont you owe us any info abt when it will be out?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogersgina,

You say: "We can't comment on devices that haven't been announced yet."

There are many reasons why this is good business.  So we get that.

After a new phone is announced (such as the SGS2 LTE), very little information seems to come out about it through official channels.  For that phone, we were led to believe it would be out September 28th. Then on that day we were told October 18th.  On October 19th we hear about the Galaxy Nexus (#drool), but no SGS2.

But, the way Rogers structures its websites, the "official" www.rogers.com site still doesn't mention the SGS2.  The rogerslte.com website mentions it, but doesn't give any information about release dates.  I asked (via Twitter) about it, and was told to look at Redboard. The Redboard hasn't mentioned it since September.  

I suggest an alternate strategy: Make use of this social network you've tapped into. (Twitter/Redboard/this Forum) We'd love periodic updates to let us know the current status of a given phone.  Is it in-house being loading up with bloatware we will delete or hide on day 1? (sorry, other topic)   Is it in test? Has it passed testing?  Are you waiting for stock?  Has something been delayed? Is it on schedule? Is there a new expected date? How quickly will it get Ice Cream Sandwhich?

Any information keeps the jackals (sorry, fanboys.... sorry, I mean... paying customers) appeased.

We'll spread the word for you. You just have to give us the word.

Personally, I've been completely hyped on the SGS2 LTE since we first heard about it. But now, almost a month after I expected to have it in my hands, I'm feeling totally deflated because it's been superseded by the Galaxy Nexus. When will that come out? Hopefully we'll find out soon. Until then, we wait.

I've Been Here Awhile

@TheyCallMeDoug wrote:

Is it in-house being loading up with bloatware we will delete or hide on day 1? (sorry, other topic)  

Took the words right out of my mouth. At least with the Nexus that shouldn't be an issue.

I've Been Here Awhile

Please read more than the title of the post Gina.  Why NO COMMENT ON THE GS2?

A)  Don't know any more than the public.

B) The truth of Iphone 4s exclusivity contract would enrage customers so we keep silent.

C) Bloatware and bootloader lock is taking longer than expected.

D) All of the above.