Will the Nexus Prime or Galaxy Nexus come to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holmes
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Will the Nexus Prime or Galaxy Nexus come to Rogers?

Well said, JCKELLY.

harshida9
I Plan to Stick Around

Completely Agree with @jckelly (post 20).

Rogers customer for 9 Years...

malvern
I've Been Around

jc,
if you're interested there's a couple of complaint letters you could write for me
good job!
shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

VERY well said!!!! It's offensive that way that the iphone folks get coddled with THIER "redboard" while the lowly peons are left to flail.
rcasaccia
I'm Here A Lot

Couldn't have said it any better. Rogers is absoulutely pathetic. They like to think they are a big player but everything that has happened with the gs2 proves either that they are in bed with apple and everybody else is treated as second tier or they have really bad business people running the show and don't give a **bleep** about keeping their customers in the loop. **bleep**ing BRUTAL!

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

I couldn't have said it better myself, jckelly.

I am also a long-time Rogers customer. I find their customer interaction (in terms of release dates, or even announcing new products) to be incredibly frustrating. I've been on the Galaxy S II LTE list for weeks now. I would have been quite satisfied with that phone a month ago, but now that I see the Nexus is coming out "in the November time frame", I'm moving on.  (#FirstWorldProblems)

I don't change phones every few months or even years. I'm coming up on 3 years with my current Android phone. So when I replace it, I really do want the best phone I can get. (So it will have a chance of lasting me another 3 years.)

I think the biggest thing Rogers could do to alieve my frustration would be to provide prompt information.  For example, a few months back my wife was interested in getting a new phone.  I put myself on Bell.ca's email list to receive the information in a timely fashion, to know when the phone would be available to use on Roger's network.  How broken is that?

jckelly wrote:

You are continually depriving your customers of the pleasure of being delighted with their purchase, however short-lived that might be, because you are never able to deliver one top-of-the-line phone before the next is anticipated.

As touchy-feely as this sounds, it nicely sums up the customer experience frustration for me. We *know* there is always a new phone coming down the pipe. We get that. But let us have it promptly, please. Before it's replacement is announced would be ideal.

Hardyhan
I've Been Around

I have been waiting for Galaxy S2 for weeks. I like to be with Rogers. But if there is no new phone provided, I will have to move to Bell.

Mathieu

Rogers is not going to reveal any new devices in this forum. Get over it.
When Rogers announce the Galaxy Nexus (aka Nexus Prime), it will be on www.rogers.com.

An article on an official Google blog is saying that the device will be available in Canada in November, like in the rest of the world.

The only question is about LTE or not LTE since there are 2 versions of this new Nexus.

Once again, you'll know when it's announce to the world on www.rogers.com.
jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mathieu wrote:
Rogers is not going to reveal any new devices in this forum. Get over it.
When Rogers announce the Galaxy Nexus (aka Nexus Prime), it will be on www.rogers.com.

An article on an official Google blog is saying that the device will be available in Canada in November, like in the rest of the world.

The only question is about LTE or not LTE since there are 2 versions of this new Nexus.

Once again, you'll know when it's announce to the world on www.rogers.com.

Not true... the Galaxy S II LTE is still not mentioned on www.rogers.com.  Rogers needs a consistent way of getting word to their customers.  Frankly, they are a communications company that can't communicate - with their customers or themselves.

What we want is some dialog and we're not getting it.  I've spent tens of thousands of dollars with Rogers.  I think I deserve a response.

"In Canada" is not equivalent to "from Rogers"  we've all seen that.  No, Rogers is the only place we can get the answers we want and they aren't responsive.  Too big to care.

Mathieu

jckelly wrote:

Not true... the Galaxy S II LTE is still not mentioned on www.rogers.com.  Rogers needs a consistent way of getting word to their customers.  Frankly, they are a communications company that can't communicate - with their customers or themselves.

What we want is some dialog and we're not getting it.  I've spent tens of thousands of dollars with Rogers.  I think I deserve a response.

"In Canada" is not equivalent to "from Rogers"  we've all seen that.  No, Rogers is the only place we can get the answers we want and they aren't responsive.  Too big to care.

Sorry, it's not rogers.com but rogerslte.com:

http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices/smartphone-and-tablet#samsunggalaxy

One more time, when Rogers decide to announce a new phone, they are not going to make the annoucement it on this forum.

Just wait and see and you'll see when it's available during the month of Novembre.

I don't intend on signing any contract so I don't care if I have to buy the Nexus with another carrier.

One thing for sure, you asking information is not going to change anything in Rogers schedule.