Will the Nexus Prime or Galaxy Nexus come to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Will the Nexus Prime or Galaxy Nexus come to Rogers?

Nexus Prime will have NO bloatware, it was pure google. Yes the Prime will most likely be available in Canada/Rogers but there is no telling when. Nexus S was released in December 2010 for US but April 2011 for Canada.

Edit: Also http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/09/28/samsungs-october-11th-event-will-show-whats-new-from-android/  the samsung unpacked event ft google. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I just got confirmation from a Rogers business rep that Rogers will indeed have the Nexus Prime in the Oct/Nov time frame.  I think I'm going to wait for it rather than go for the SGS2lte

The model number is GT I9250

confirmed by telephone minutes ago

I Plan to Stick Around

I'd take that rep answer with a pinch of salt. Samsung/Google won't offer shipments until the phone is officially announced. Rogers in the other hand was never the fast one in getting new phones to the end-users. Telus and Bell were the first to get new Samsung phones and Rogers was 6 months behind to release the same model.

If you have the money order from Google..... if not then wait for Rogers to have it at the discounted price ...when ever that might be.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Silvertag wrote:

I'd take that rep answer with a pinch of salt. Samsung/Google won't offer shipments until the phone is officially announced. Rogers in the other hand was never the fast one in getting new phones to the end-users. Telus and Bell were the first to get new Samsung phones and Rogers was 6 months behind to release the same model.

If you have the money order from Google..... if not then wait for Rogers to have it at the discounted price ...when ever that might be.

thanks for bursting my bubble 😉

I'm going to sit tight and see... already bought the nexus one direct from google and would prefer it subsidized this time round... I'm essentially tied to rogers anyway (too many contracts expiring at different times to make changing cost effective)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@jckelly wrote:

thanks for bursting my bubble 😉

I'm going to sit tight and see... already bought the nexus one direct from google and would prefer it subsidized this time round... I'm essentially tied to rogers anyway (too many contracts expiring at different times to make changing cost effective)

hehehe sorry Robot tongue

No particular provider will have cost effective contract. They all look alike.. the more time left.. the more you pay to bail out.

There is just no way to have a good deal by jumping ship. The only way would be to call retention and ask them to make a offer you can't resist to stay with them. You can also network unlock and resell your old model for some decent bucks online if it's not too banged up and as some good specs. 

The specs are quite taunting for this model but i'll do the same. Sit and wait and see if i want to resell my unlocked Captivate for some greens on a Google phone or just wait a few months until Rogers offers it at less then 200$.

I've Been Around

Android, why not root it and flash Cyanogen? Problem solved and you get a great phone at a discount with contract and no bloatware AND better flavor of Android OS.  On my Galaxy S, performance and battery life literally doubled.  I got Galaxy II on order, gonna root it and flash it straight out of the box

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Pechkin000 wrote:

Android, why not root it and flash Cyanogen? Problem solved and you get a great phone at a discount with contract and no bloatware AND better flavor of Android OS.  On my Galaxy S, performance and battery life literally doubled.  I got Galaxy II on order, gonna root it and flash it straight out of the box

CyanogenMod is amazing (I used it for months on multiple devices) but Google ROMs are more stable

... and you can flash CyanogenMod easily on Nexus devices because the boot-loader can be easily unlocked.

I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like the Prime launched today as "Galaxy Nexus", there's supposed to be a GSM version as well. 

http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2011/10/07/samsungs-nexus-prime-hits-the-fcc-with-support-for-att-t-...

I hope Rogers gets this phone sooner than later, I'm not interested in the iPhone 4S. 

More info and video here:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/18/samsung-galaxy-nexus-hands-on/

I Plan to Stick Around

@Pechkin000 wrote:

I run CM and MIUI (based on CM) regularly, and battery life is not one of the perks. It's a great rom, but a very poor battery life compared to virtually every other stock and custom rom. It's not just my opinion either, it's admitted by the devs and even listed under "known issues" on most download sites.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've spent some time on the phone this morning with a Rogers Business rep and Retentions and can't get a straight answer.  The business rep says "not confirmed"  and Retentions pointed me to mobilesyrup.com.  You've got to be kidding, right?

Is ANYONE from Rogers reading these forums?  Are you completely unaware of the pent up demand for, not just the phone, but INFORMATION?

You've got people that have been on the waiting list for the SGSII LTE for 7 weeks.  Now there's a new phone coming -- in November according to Google and Samsung -- and no one at Rogers can provide us any info?  And this is for a phone that neither you nor Samsung are supposed to be bastardizing.  

You should realize, even more than we do, that this market moves quickly.  About 6 weeks ago you started selling the HTC EVO 3D for $149.  Today you're offering it for a penny.

You are continually depriving your customers of the pleasure of being delighted with their purchase, however short-lived that might be, because you are never able to deliver one top-of-the-line phone before the next is anticipated.

Please, make a statement.  Give us a date.  Get the Galaxy Nexus into the reservation system or, better, into my hands.

Cavan Kelly

(a frustrated, 20 year customer)