Will an iPhone 4s work on my current blackberry plan?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Will an iPhone 4s work on my current blackberry plan?

I'm looking to switch from my blackberry 9900 (some of the keys are no longer working and i'm tired of blackberry)

Looking to switch to the iPhone 4s, but need to know if my current plan will work. I'm in a shareplan so changing the plan really isent an option as the other user will be keeping his blackberry (and i dont want any issue with changing my plan and renewing the contract etc).

I have unlimited blackberry email  - will i still have this on an iphone ?

I don't have data on this plan, but the unlimited blackberry email allows me to get my emails with no data plan so i want to be sure i can keep this with the iphone.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Will an iPhone 4s work on my current blackberry plan?

Hello Jaybee

That plan will NOT work on other smartphones. You will sadly need to get a data plan in order to get your emails and such. Some blackberry plans like this one are only made for blackberries.

Your only option is to get a smartphone data plan for the iPhone 4S

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jaybee

That plan will NOT work on other smartphones. You will sadly need to get a data plan in order to get your emails and such. Some blackberry plans like this one are only made for blackberries.

Your only option is to get a smartphone data plan for the iPhone 4S

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Seriously 😞  If i add just data to this plan simple just to get emails (500mb) would this work  then?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Is it just the email that wont work ? Or everything ? text, phone calls etc ?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jaybee

If you want to make phone calls and texts, you will need a voice plan for that. If you want to send and receive emails and go on the Internet, you need a data plan. You can get both which is a voice and data plan that Rogers has.

Link = http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WLRS_Plans
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

and just so you are aware as well, there are NO penalties for changing plans anymore.

You can change your plan every month if you so chose... so chaning your plan, will not start a new contract, etc.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

That is correct but i would also advice the customer to always make sure they get the rep to write that down on the account. I know a few people that changed their plans with Rogers a few weeks ago & had to pay fees & signed into a contract without knowing. They are now going to court for this.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Did they change things with the way the data plans work ??  I've read alot of people were able to use a blackberry data plan on their iphones but now you can't ??

These cell phone companys really make things difficult!   I have a year remaining of this 3 year contract and I am counting the days down until its done!  Never again will i sign on a contract, too much bs !

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm also wondering is there a link to where it says you can change your plan with no penalty ?  And is this for all providers or just with Rogers ? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JayBee

Yes that is correct BUT your plan is not eligible for that. Your plan is only made for Blackberries. Actually they do not make things at all difficult. Some plans are strictly just for Blackberries & some aren't. Blackberry uses BIS( Blackberry internet services). This is only for blackberries. So the plan you have, unlimited emails was only for the blackberry. You will need a smartphone data plan to use the iPhone 4S for emails & other things.

IF you wish not to sign into a contract, then go on a pay as you go account which will fit you better!.

Yup right here

" Freedom to Change Your Plan

Whether you want more wireless internet or talk time, Rogers lets you change your plan at any time for free1 and as often as you need."

1. If customer purchased a discounted device based on satisfying plan eligibility criteria, customer must switch to a plan that maintains such eligibility to switch at no charge.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/freedom-advantage?cm_sp=wireless-post-_-pricematch-en-0413-_-slot4...