Will Z10 on Rogers in Canada support UMA (hardware) similar to the 9800 and 9810?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Will Z10 on Rogers in Canada support UMA (hardware) similar to the 9800 and 9810?

Does anybody know if the Z10 on Rogers in Canada will support UMA (hardware) similar to the 9800 and 9810?

I get no cell reception where I live and need to leverage my personal WiFi to make and recieve calls while at home. I am ready to get a Z10 but if I cant use it for calling in the place I spend the most time then whats the point? May have to jump to Blue!

What about the Q10? Is there specs out yet covering this topic? I am a keyboard guy but cant wait to start playing with BB10.

Thanks

Twis

****Edited Labels****

I've Been Around

Re: Will Z10 on Rogers in Canada support UMA (hardware) similar to the 9800 and 9810?

I had UMA/wifi calling as well with my BB torch, short answer is no the z10 does not support wifi calling I have since had to drop it from my plan...with that said I still have rogers one number which lets me send / receive calls using my computer with internet (VoIP) and I believe rogers one number app is available for apple and android tablets (not blackberry playbook).  If you only require the wifi calling at home rogers one number might be an option for you - it use to be a free add on for canada wide access.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Will Z10 on Rogers in Canada support UMA (hardware) similar to the 9800 and 9810?

Actually the Z10 does have the rogers 1number app the berry won't even let you delete it otherwise your software update comes back

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello confyzone

That is because the updates go threw the carriers.. It's called bloatware from the carriers. If you think we a bad? Go read what is going on with Verizon. They are locking them down and no letting them download a few apps and they have a older firmware. Mind u the phone just came out for them but still.
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh I know about bloatware all to well from my many rooted and customized android phones I actually like that they've kept it to three minimal apps which is 1number my account and anyplace tv
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello confyzone

Yea they are keeping it minimal as people complain about the bloatware. The bloatware includes splash screen, Rogers apps & a few other little Rogers things that are in the OS. WE are really lucky compare to the states where the Z10 down their has been ruined by the carriers lol.