Will Rogers (lol) be getting any Nokia phones with the windows os

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Will Rogers (lol) be getting any Nokia phones with the windows os

Will Rogers, hahaha, sorry I made myself laugh.  I am curious as to whether or not Rogers will be supporting and carrying any of the new Nokia phones with the windows os.  I love the Nokia brand, as it is rock solid and nothing can touch it quality wise. Since symbian is going to disappear soon, Smiley Sad , then my next option will be a windows based Nokia handset.  Any thoughts or news about this?

******* Edit labels ********

If my answer has helped, please click like or solved if it solved the problem.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Will Rogers (lol) be getting any Nokia phones with the windows os

There is not news on Rogers getting the new Nokia's but i am sure they will carry them. They are paying attention to the new LTE networks & the new phones that have powerhouse in them. I am also waiting for Rogers to release the new Nokia phone's.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for that meowmix, I wonder how long all the carriers will stay on the iPhone wagon? When the blinders come off, they may be shocked at all the far superior handsets that are floating around. 

If my answer has helped, please click like or solved if it solved the problem.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

To tell you the truth all carriers will stay with the iPhone for 1 reason. The reason is because most of the costumers want a iPhone. Apple make is look like they invented everything so people just fall for it. Carriers see this as a money grab & boom this is why carriers love iPhone's. They make more money off iPhone's then any other phone that gets produced.

Rogers & other carriers need to look around outside the box & see how many phones are worth a try. Some of us want Nokia phones & carriers do not want to carry them. Its a shame to be honest.
I Plan to Stick Around

Listen people, any new WP7 will not come to Canada till they have LTE support.  All three carriers are pushing the new network and seem to only want phones that have it.  WP7 will have LTE support with the new NOKIA phones coming in the new year.  Most likely after CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW in Las Vegas mid January 2012.   If you can wait till February I would.  I believe the nokia phone higher end then the lumia 800 is coming to North America then.