Will ROGERS rob me? (LG G2)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Will ROGERS rob me? (LG G2)

So here's the deal..I recently bought an LG G2 smartphone on Kijiji after careful consideration and it turns out I was scammed (my fault), well kind of. So the screen has a dead spot on it and the camera has trouble focusing which is really irritable. The phone is usable but it gets really annoying. The seller is no where to be found and so he can't exactly answer any of my questions. I procceeded to get a new plan with rogers (off contract) and use the phone. It came to my attention that the phone MAY still be under warranty. I called rogers and it turns out it was. So the lady sent out a new LG G2. My question is: what are the odds of Rogers charging me full price for the replacement? The phone has a few scratches and dings on the sides and the screen may have even been replaced in the past (really not sure because I have no idea what the history of the lg g2 is)..but I called back and the lady on the phone told me if the service center deems the phone to be water/physically damaged then I would be charged up to $650 and that I couldn't just ask for my old phone back. 

What should I do? I'd like to get a replacement but I'm a bit concerned as I do not have that kind of money...
Has anyone in the past had to deal with something like this?

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Will ROGERS rob me? (LG G2)

Hello devodid12

Rogers won't rob u as u claim in your title. Its not Rogers fault if the first owner treated the device with little to no respect or proper way too.

The service centre Rogers sends their phones is NOT a Rogers tech center. Sometimes for LG devices they send them to LG or a repair facility called Flextronics. Both repair centres has tech support that will check the device out inside and out to see what caused this issue. If the issue was caused physically then they will deem it that and Rogers will get a invoice back asking for thr customer to repair the phone OR charge u the cost of the replacement device.

Now you also have another option if u get ur old device back is to take it into a cellphone store and see how much it will cost to replace the broken parts.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Will ROGERS rob me? (LG G2)

Hello devodid12

Rogers won't rob u as u claim in your title. Its not Rogers fault if the first owner treated the device with little to no respect or proper way too.

The service centre Rogers sends their phones is NOT a Rogers tech center. Sometimes for LG devices they send them to LG or a repair facility called Flextronics. Both repair centres has tech support that will check the device out inside and out to see what caused this issue. If the issue was caused physically then they will deem it that and Rogers will get a invoice back asking for thr customer to repair the phone OR charge u the cost of the replacement device.

Now you also have another option if u get ur old device back is to take it into a cellphone store and see how much it will cost to replace the broken parts.

View solution in original post