cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm unable to enable wifi calling feature on my iPhone 6 Plus purchased through Apple. It tells me to contact my carrier to enable the feature on my account. Even though I meet all the requirements, Rogers technical support tells me the wifi calling feature will only work with iPhones purchased through Rogers. Is this correct? All people with iPhones should have access to the same features regardless of where we buy the phones!

***Edited Labels***

72 REPLIES 72

Re: Wifi Calling

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
Exchanged the LTE card with same result. Still tells me to contact the carrier. But I'm glad that solution worked for you.

Did you get a new SureTap SIM card or just LTE? Make sure its SureTap.

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
They just pulled out a new one. I'm not sure if it's suretap. Will check. Thanks.

DA25
I'm Here A Lot
Make sure it is. Only Suretap Sim cards will do the trick.

I just moved from Bell to Rogers and I have an unlocked iPhone 6 Plus (purchased from the Apple Store).  It doesn't seem that WIFI Calling can be enabled on an unlocked device?  Has anyone else hit this and is there any workarounds?

Phillipsjonny
I Plan to Stick Around

My wifi calling is now working again.  I got a call saying the problem had been fixed but they did not provide an indication of what the problem was.  

You absolutely can use an unlocked iPhone 6/6S for Wi-Fi calling on Rogers. Dont let them tell you otherwise. Make sure you go to a Rogers store and get a SureTap SIM card activated for the iPhone. It will work after that (as long as it is provisioned on your account).

GingerGa
I Plan to Stick Around
My mom's phone is a non-Rogers 6, and it never let us turn on wifi calling until last week, but even now with it on, it won't connect to Rogers Wifi. We've tried multiple wifi networks, and have reset the network settings, but no luck. And both my dad and my phone's wifi calling are working great.

I'm gonna try your SureTap Sim idea either this weeekend or Monday. Hope it works! ^_^ that'd be great if it did. My parents have no service at all at their place.

DA25
I'm Here A Lot
Just to be clear WiFi calling has nothing to do with Rogers WiFi hotspots.

GingerGa
I Plan to Stick Around
I know 🙂 I don't think we even have any of those in Manitoba :P. Thanks though.

DA25
I'm Here A Lot
All Rogers store carry them. Not Wireless Wave or a Rogers reseller. You can also call them and ask them to ship you one..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @GingerGa

Call Rogers and see if they can place a order for you :). Also contact some stores and see if they have any:)

GingerGa
I Plan to Stick Around
Already did :). Called a store and gonna get my dad to pick one up tomorrow, yay for living in the country :P.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @GingerGa

Glad to hear you called and you will get it!:)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @balarajah_n

I have seen this issue. Have you contacted Rogers and see if they provisioned your account for WiFi Calling?. If they do and all works that's great!:)

Lasers
I've Been Around

WiFi Calling won't Enable

I have everything set up for wifi calling and yesterday even had it enabled and working! It was great because I don't get good service in some places and it's nice to not have to use a landline and relive the 90s.

However, today for no reason wifi calling turned off. I have tried to enable it again, I keep getting sent to the Rogers "provisioning in progress" screen, then it returns from there and wifi calling is still diabled. It's a never ending loop. I've done everything short of wiping the entire phone!

How do i fix this? What's the actual problem?

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Lasers

If you meet all eligible requirements for iOS WiFi Calling but are still having issues check out the following threads:

How To & FAQs: iOS 9 WiFi Calling

iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Bonobo777
I've Been Here Awhile

WiFi Working at Work, not home

I can not figure this out.   My WiFi calling works perfectly at work, my mother inlaws, etc, etc.  But as soon as I get home, it does not connect... and on the very, very rare occasion is does connect I can only do three things before it stops working. 

I have a pretty uncomplicated WiFi setup at home.  I have an Asus68 router running Merlin, and most if not all setting are default.  All WiFi device work great too I should add. 

What can i do, is there a port I should try an open? something?

Please assist. 

nyk0n
I Plan to Stick Around

Im sorry that is incorrect...there is no difference in hardware between an Apple Store purchased phone and a Rogers purchased one. the Wifi Calling is natively supported by both hardware platforms and is included with iOS 8 and up. It isenabled via Carrier Setting updates provided by Rogers and both the unlocked Apple store iPhone and Locked Rogers one get the same carrier settings. Please dont believe everything your trainers/engineers tell you, simply because they dont want to help a customer who paid Apple directly for their iPhone to keep from a contract and higher monthly plans.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey guys.

i wanted to announce that as of today any iPhone he WiFi Calling feature works on iPhone 5c, 5s, 6 or 6 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus will work with WiFi Calling if you got the devices straight from Apple.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/02/20/rogers-customers-reporting-wifi-calling-is-now-enabled-on-the-ipho...

Hello, I am having issues with the Rogers Wifi Calling is not working

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats