cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm unable to enable wifi calling feature on my iPhone 6 Plus purchased through Apple. It tells me to contact my carrier to enable the feature on my account. Even though I meet all the requirements, Rogers technical support tells me the wifi calling feature will only work with iPhones purchased through Rogers. Is this correct? All people with iPhones should have access to the same features regardless of where we buy the phones!

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wifi Calling

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello @lovepup_98 and @Meowmix

I can confirm that iOS Wi-Fi calling is only compatible on iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus's with iOS 9 purchased from Rogers or Fido.

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72

balarajah_n
I've Been Around

I cannot turn on Rogers Wifi Calling.

When I turn on wifi calling I am getting an error message saying to contact Rogers to turn on Wifi Calling and it turns off automatically.

***Edited Labels***

Hello @balarajah_n,

Which device are you using and do you have an LTE sim card? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

When you get this message saying to contact Rogers, did you contact Rogers? 

I got the same message, I called Rogers and they provisioned my account for WiFi calling, then it worked no issues since launch.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @lovepup_98

Hmm it should have worked. Have you tried to restart the device & see if that will fix it? Has the Rogers tech over the phone make sure the account is capable of doing it?

Are all the settings enabled via your end?

Please check out the link below to see
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/40823

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
I have done a reset on the phone multiple times. They also checked their system to disable features such as Rogers one number. They said the wifi feature is turned on in the account. Ticket was opened a week ago and still no solution. They blame it on the phone as it was bought through Apple. Rogers at its best to give service to the long term customer.

RogersDarrell

Hello @lovepup_98 and @Meowmix

I can confirm that iOS Wi-Fi calling is only compatible on iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus's with iOS 9 purchased from Rogers or Fido.

RogersDarrell

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
What about those customers who bought the iPhone 6 Plus directly with Apple? When will those be supported?

I have an iPhone 6s purchased directly from apple, my spouse has her iPhone 6 purchased directly from Rogers, WiFi calling works on both iPhones. Has been working since they launced the service.

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks for telling me about your experience. The fact that yours is working is "contradictory" to the previous reply. I truly think this is a Rogers issue and they need to give it a higher priority. It's very frustrating when no one at Rogers wants to take ownership!

Phillipsjonny
I Plan to Stick Around

So annoyed... after working to get wifi calling working and figured out with rogers I just upgraded to 9.2 ios only to find same problems as I initially had.  The wifi calling can't be enabled until I contact carrier.  I contacted technical support and he couldn't figure it out and has escalated the issue.  I have an Iphone 6s and it seems that I spend more time trying to get wifi calling to work properly than I do using it.  Seems that this is feature they shouldn't be advertising yet.  So now I can't enable wifi calling... again and the carrier which I'm directed to contact doesn't have a solution.  Man I am so tired of this. 

Jvb2112
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm having the same issue.  Wifi calling was working fine under iOS 9.1 and now with 9.2 I get the contact carrier message.  I've tried rebooting, and resetting network settings.  No luck, my wifi calling is no longer working under 9.2 with the latest carrier file.

DA25
I'm Here A Lot

Same issue here, my wifi calling is no longer working under 9.2 with the latest carrier file updates. iPhone 6S purchased from Apple. Another 6S+ also purchased through Apple works completely fine. Rogers escalated the issue to Level 2 Tech Support a few days ago but still no resolution!?!

Tweek
I've Been Here Awhile

I purchased my iPhone 6 unlocked directly from Apple, and I can confirm Wi-Fi calling works for me. I'm running iOS 9.2 with carrier "Rogers 23.1".

@RogersDarrell, you may want to edit your post as you have clearly been given erroneous information.

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks Tweek. My iPhone 6 Plus bought from Apple upgraded to 23.1 carrier settings tonight. Still cannot turn on the wifi calling feature. I even did a restart of the phone with no use. Getting message about contacting the carrier. So frustrating when Rogers just keep on pointing their finger to Apple! Why even create/escalate tickets if that's the case? Doesn't make sense.

Tweek
I've Been Here Awhile

To be fair to Rogers, it is still possible that it's an iOS bug that is causing your issue, which is really out of their control. Have you tried a different Wi-Fi network? You might also try going to Settings > General > Reset and tap "Reset Network Settings" (but be warned, you will need to reconnect to any Wi-Fi networks you use after doing that).

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Tweek

I think what RogersDarrel Means is that most customers with a non-rogers iPhone will not get that service as its only meant for the iPhone that was bought from Rogers but some devices are able to do it. It seems they are still fixing the issue and trying to make it work.

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
That doesn't work for me.

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
Meowmix, if it's true that feature doesn't work phones bought through Apple, then it stands to say that NONE of those phones should work. The fact that other customers have the feature enabled with their Apple purchased phones invalidates Roger's explanation.

lovepup_98
I Plan to Stick Around
Spoke with Rogers tech support. Apparently, IMEI of phones bought from Apple Canada does not update to the Rogers system. ETA for solution is mid Feb 2016. Until that is fixed, wifi calling feature cannot be enabled.

Hi All,

After spending over 4 hours with various Rogers Tech Support including Level 2 and 3 Tech support. I can confirm that WiFi calling is working on a Non-Rogers iPhone 6S Plus (purchased directly from Apple last week). What resolved my problem was swapping the LTE SIM i got from the Apple store with a new SureTap Sim card i went to the Rogers store to get.

I encourage you all that have issues with activating a Non-Rogers iPhone to try this and i am sure your problem will be resolved. Please dont rely on Rogers BS telling you that it doesnt work on a Non-Rogers phone.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats