WiFi Calling with IOS 8

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WiFi Calling with IOS 8

Hey everyone,

Just a friendly reminder to please keep the discussion On-Topic to the thread.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

we are "on topic", but rogers isnt

u are a rogers employee are u not? like the many others on here that just seem to post statements off of cue cards & "warn" users for no reason, instead of communicating to them, like being "on topic" about wifi calling.

where is it?
why did rogers lie?
when is it coming?
is it coming?

or do we have to speak with our wallets, like how most companies operate today.?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

I jusy read on Mobilesyrup that Rogers and Fido will release it when ios9 comes out in the fall.. Apparently they are already starting to train reps and customer service reps in store on how to do this and such. Read the link below.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/08/19/rogers-and-fido-to-launch-wifi-calling-on-iphones-running-ios-9/?u...
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Meowmix:

Very interesting. Thanks for the link to that article. The author mentioned that the feature will be available, starting with the iPhone 5. I know that iOS 9 will work with the iPhone 4S, so I can't see why iOS Wi-Fi calling would not work as well, unless the device has some kind of limitation. Time will tell. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Quick sort of off topic question - does Rogers support Wi-Fi calling on any non-iOS devices? Like Note 5, S6 etc? And same with VoLTE? Where is VoLTE?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Some LG devices use VoLTE. I remember a long time ago Blackberries and some android devices used WiFi calling. No its hard to see that
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Thanks Meowmix... Thought i'd try 🙂
I am happy with Rogers compared with my last provider for wireless but just a little disappointed stuff like VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling has taken so long to be mainstream.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

ill believe the article when i see "Rogers Wi-Fi" & a setting for it in settings/a carrier update..

i will not be, in the slightest, surprised if another year goes by with rogers being silent & no wifi calling, AGAIN..

remember when they said itll launch when ios 8 was available.? ya.....
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @inferno129

As posted above, MS did get something telling them that Rogers and Fido will release it with IOS 9. Again we shall see what Rogers says about this
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @inferno129

" Now with Wi-Fi Calling, Rogers customers on an eligible monthly plan can call and text in even more places using a compatible iPhone.6 Stay connected to friends and family wherever there’s a Wi-Fi connection – in places like basements, condos and tall buildings.

Available in areas with a Wi-Fi connection where there is unusable mobile network coverage. Customers must enable the Wi-Fi Calling feature and have a compatible device (iPhone 5C or greater purchased in North America) and Rogers postpaid wireless plan. Regular usage rates apply as per your plan. Visit rogers.com/wificallingfaq for full terms and conditions."

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/why-rogers