WiFi Calling with IOS 8

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: WiFi Calling with IOS 8

so..rogers?

its getting quite annoying having my phone switch between lte & 3g a lot in my room cause im in a basement, as we all know how u love to favor the "big cities" (more like toronto & vancouver only) with 700mhz lte.

also another dissapointment, a lady on the bus had an iphone 6, every time we were in range of a free wifi hotspot & her phone connected, it said at&t, when off wifi it said rogers. clearly at&t has now launched wifi calling..

get it together please for the love of...stop ignoring ur customers its not hard, or stop making blind promises. im on ios 8.4 beta 1 with the latest rogers carrier 19.6, still no wifi calling, no volte.

yet rogers recently posted how more customers are "satisified" with complaint rates dropping, a bit funny, seems to be many complaints on this forum about various problems.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

..and Sprint in the US has now joined the party. (And I don't recall precisely, but I don't think they promised it to their customers at iOS 8 launch.)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So yeah, what's the status on this, Rogers?
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

As always we’re working to deliver the best wireless networks and enhanced voice services to our customers. Please stay tuned for updates.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Darrel, no disrespect to you, but all i see is blah-blah-blah. Your statement doesn't really address the issue. And the issue is a failed promise that was given by Rogers on wifi-calling, "We’ll support the iOS 8 Wi-Fi calling feature when it becomes available in Canada."
You know, IOS9 is just around the corner.
I understand that there could be bad planning or unanticipated delays. the technology and what's involved is complex, but it's better to acknowledge the delay than mute everything and keep us, customers, in the dark.
The least that Rogers could do is to provide some kind of ETA, more realistic this time if possible.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hockeyt

You are kinda disrespectful towards him but nonetheless I do agree with you. @RogersDarrell and other mods can't really say much until the back office and head office tells them too and gives them the information. I do agree they need to give a ETA as they touted that they are the first to announce it will come to Canada but nothing has yet. What i am trying to figure out seeing as Rogers has yet to release it, same with other carriers in Canada. No one else has released this feature. So maybe something in the back end is happening with Apple? Just like Apple pay right?. Something could be going on which that can affect it and cant be released to the public.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

remember when we were promised about this thing called wifi calling, a year ago?

meanwhile other carriers around the world that didnt even comment about it or gave a generic "sometime next year" are already getting the wifi calling settings added in the latest ios 9 betas

typical canada being shafted cause our companies run backwards, or its just rogers..cant exactly tell
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Never mind excellent LTE service; drops to edge in my city of 160,000.

How about simplified billing; its aweful!

How about Rogers one number (app) that works? Crashes all the time, and if it works it drains my battery.

BTW: Wifi calling works awesome with TMobile.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is so funny to read. You guys do realize that you are literally speaking into a black hole. Everyone knows that Rogers has the worst customer care, the worst brand recognition, the worst reliability as far as promises made and kept. The one thing that they do have is one of the largest network, which helps them with customer retention. Now if you're the biggest baddest wolf in town, what do you really think complaining is going to do. Until people are willing to speak with their wallets rather than speak by mouth, then nothing will change. At this point Rogers is considered to be one of the companies that are too big to fail. The big three, are what is known as an Oligopoly. They control the market, they set rates, they set terms. Yes you have the governing body that regulates them, but, in reality that means slim to none. When the CRTCC gets some spine and decides to let the U.S. Players come to market, you will see how quickly they change their tune. How quickly they will respect their customers, how quickly they keep their promises. Other than that, it is unfortunate, that you cannot do anything really to change the way they operate. Canada has one of the highest costs of communication and Internet services in at least this part of the world. Stop complaining. Do something about it. Sign a petition. I bet you anything, that most of you wont. complaining solves nothing, and will never solve anything. 

I'm probably gonna hate from a lot people, but it is unfortunately the truth. And writing this at 3 in morning is probably not very good...lol

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Most of us are well aware that this is a self help forum. But I walk with my wallet. I have asked Rogers for, and recieve, a decent discount every month for my crappy service. You just have to ask.

I also do not give Rogers a dime more than I need to for using their services. I have a TMobile account for most of my global data needs. I actually roam in Canada and get better service than from Rogers (which my family uses and myself on rare occasions)