WiFi Calling with IOS 8

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: WiFi Calling with IOS 8

Good evening @codemonk,

I understand your point of view and I appreciate your feedback.

I think that I may not have expressed myself properly and I am very sorry about that. Smiley Embarassed

How is Wi-Fi Calling billed when I am in Canada?

• Incoming: Wi-Fi calls, Wi-Fi SMS/MMS messages received while in Canada will be deducted from your wireless plan airtime and messaging allocation.
  • Outgoing: Wi-Fi calls, Wi-Fi SMS/MMS messages sent over Wi-Fi while in Canada to Canadian numbers will be deducted from your wireless plan airtime and messaging allocation, no long distance charges apply.
  • If you exceed your monthly allocation, overage rates and/or current pay-per-use wireless rates will apply.

Therefore, there is no additional charge to use Wi-Fi calling. If you would be using your cellphone line to make a call from your phone number, the same condition would apply.

Charges are only applicable if you go over what is included in your plan.  

Most plans we currently offer include unlimited airtime/messages.

If you feel like the plans we currently offer are better or less expensive than the one you currently have, feel free to contact us in order to have it changed. It will not renew your term/commitment.

To use Wi-Fi Calling, you will need:

• An iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 plus and the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus device with iOS 9 installed
  • A monthly voice or voice and data wireless plan
  • The Wi-Fi Calling feature enabled on the device

• A Rogers LTE SIM card

All Rogers postpaid customers with eligible devices can use Wi-Fi calling!

I hope this clears things up Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Are you not leveraging the Rogers network when using Rogers one number? I still don't understand your argument if Rogers one number is free.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was hoping wifi calling could be a replacement for Rogers one number since it integrates with iPhone compared to the one number app which isn't great. Unfortunately this is a let down.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Wow what a PR baloney response RogersMaude.

Can you please explain to us how Rogers One Number works in your logic?  I use my Wifi, my internet and it costs me no minutes.

For some reason Wifi calling using my wifi and my internet seems to be a burdon on the Rogers network which requires billing by the minute.

Highlighted

I am truly sorry you are feeling this way @Shawnieboy Smiley Embarassed

I've taken notes of your feedback and it will be forwarded to the attention of appropriate department.

We could certainly try and find you a plan that would suit your needs and budget but that would also be unlimited for talktime and messaging usage. Would you like us to get in touch with you directly via Private Message?

Let us know!

RogersMaude

Highlighted

Good evening  @tingtong,

Thank you for your post!

I am sorry that the information I am providing you does not answer your questions.

I just want to clarify some information with you.

There seems to be confusion pertaining to the way Wi-Fi calling is billed.

You are not charged a certain rate per minute for using that function. 

It simply goes according to your regular monthly plan.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No that's ok my plan is fine but I wanted to replace one number with this but one number provides so much more except for iPhone integration
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

And for some reason I can't use both one number and wifi calling which I don't understand either
Highlighted

Thank you for confirming that information @Shawnieboy!

I am glad to know that you are satisfied with your plan.

Theoretically speaking, Wi-Fi calling and Rogers One Number should not be compatible and that might have been the reason why you were experiencing issues yesterday.

In the end, you get the best of both worlds! Smiley LOL

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi RogersMaude

I have a very high tolerance to understand corporate speak and ocassionally I enjoy writing some of it myself .

(I know it is a guilty pleasure but hey nobody is perfect)

So DearMaude, In order to further increase my customer satisfaction and induce a long term positive relationship between me and Rogers Communication I would  like to give the opportunity to you to help me better understand this statement:

"There seems to be confusion pertaining to the way Wi-Fi calling is billed.
You are not charged a certain rate per minute for using that function. 
It simply goes according to your regular monthly plan."

Specificaly would you be so kind and explain again to me what would happend in the following theorethical scenario:

A long term Rogers customer just happends to have a plan that allows him to enjoy 300 free anytime minutes every month wherafter every minute is charged at  $0.35 for each minute. What would be the charged amount for phone services at the end of the billingperiod if said Rogers customer uses his or her 300 minutes for calls (either cellular or wifi call) and then makes  a 100 minute local  wifi call on Monday 10AM ?

My understanding is that for every minute of wifi call , one minute is deducted from the pool of available minutes or if no more  minutes  left in the pool then whatever is the contracted rate per minute will be charged. I think this effectively  establishes the price per minute for a WiFi call.  In the above scenario would Rogers charge $35 for the call ?

I truly would like to congratulate Rogers to introduce this groundbreaking service only a year after it was announced and applaud their industry leading wisdom and foresigth to  establish a price point for it that would ensure the long term profitability of this great institution. 

Your answer is eagerly waited and greatly appreciated.