WiFi Calling with IOS 8

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: WiFi Calling with IOS 8

thats the first thing i did, for the last 40+ mins i couldnt log into the forum/my rogers either..

after spamming it it finally gave a different error with slightly useful information, telling me to contact my carrier, i did. had to turn off one number, fine.

yet again rebooted reset network settings those are ruled out, wifi calling was able to toggle on now. still no "Rogers Wi-Fi" in status bar.

now its off again & upon trying to turn it on, its a 50/50 of giving me the same contact my carrier message, or showing a rogers page that says "we are unable to process your request at this time. please contact customer support 1-888-764-3771"..my account was checked & theres nothing stopping it from working all that had to be done was disable one number, its off, wifi calling isnt working still..

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ok just so I am clear. 

1) If I use Wifi calling even when in Canada it still uses up my minutes?  WHY?? Rogers 1 number uses no minutes when using VOIP.

2) If I turn on Wifi calling I can no longer use Rogers One number?

3) When I turn to turn on Wifi calling it say "Contact your carrier".

Wonderful.

Highlighted

after my second call i had a network reset done on my account, still no wifi calling "to allow wifi calling on this account, contact your carrier"..

im not surprised at all, i expected this to not just turn on & work that easily..

edit: it looks like its starting to show signs of life, it says "WiFi Rogers" now, test call to 611 worked..but its taking a long time 1-4 minutes after connecting to wifi to switch to it. if its in airplane mode, forced to another carrier to force no service, or legit no service from dead zone etc, it will connect to wifi calling almost instantly within 10 seconds. when its got connection to a tower it lags its time it takes to move to wifi calling.

but if i try to change my emergency address it goes back to giving me that i need to contact my carrier error message again, not that i need to just testing the options..bandwidth is about 75kbps down & 12kbps up so even caveman internet should handle it fine. after rebooting the iphone it takes up to 15 minutes to switch to wifi rogers..toggling the setting does nothing. my wifi network is quality with signal & not lagging, i have qos on it, firewall isnt blocking anything so its not on my end.

what needs fixing:

-updating emergency address, thats a serious thing

-users on ios 9.1 beta still have rogers 20.5 with no wifi calling, they dont get an update, even though on 9.0 the carrier version with wifi calling is 20.1. ios probably doesnt allow it cause it thinks its an older version, solution? repush the carrier update as rogers 20.6..

-lag time from when being on a wifi network, to when it says "WiFi Rogers"

-after rebooting the phone it takes over 10 minutes to move to wifi calling

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

I'm currently restoring from 9.1 PB to the iOS 9 general release, update carrier settings, then i'm going to reupdate to 9.1 and restore from my backup and see what happens. I want wi-fi calling darnit 😉

EDIT: I'm on an iPhone 6 🙂

I'm a Regular

Sigh. "Please contact your carrier"
Highlighted

make sure one number is disabled on ur account, have one of the share everything plans, & a lte sim

keep trying it u might get to filling in ur 911 address then itll give an error or say the same thing, once u get the toggle to show its on, wait up to 20 mins (ya that long..) & it should randomly come in..

or u can enable airplane mode & enable wifi, that seems to force it to use wifi calling in seconds

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Hm. I'll try that. Failing that I guess i'll have to call/chat in tomorrow (business support only open from 8am-8pm 😞 )

I'm sure I had to have RON disabled for another reason already, and the only things on my account are "Loyalty Plan - Premium Tab" (my plan) and "iPhone Value Pack" (the addon that gives me my int'l texting and vvm)

It is a Share Everything plan.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Had nothing but troubles yesturday getting it to work even after removing Rogers One Number, but the toggle suddenly worked this morning.  Might have taken some time for the RON to turn off completely.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

If I have to choose between Roger one number and this I'll take RON any day as it doesn't cost you minutes. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the point of using wifi is to save money. IE not using minutes

this makes wifi calling usless and the RON app is crap and breaks every other day.

I have already sent a complaint about net neuthralty to the crtc and I sugest others do as well.