Why wait for ICS from Rogers when something much better is available

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Why wait for ICS from Rogers when something much better is available

Guy really?? CM9 Alpha 5 from TeamChopsticks has been release for almost a week. This ROM is more stable than stock. I've been using this for over 5 days and haven't had a single crashed apps, freeze or anything. Unlike Rogers, this ROM is updated DAILY!!!! With nightlies which allows us to get new feature and fix bugs on a regular basis. I've tried EVERY Rom on XDA that ran on ICS and al of them had one or more major flaws that upset me and made me wanna go back to stock. this one doesnt. It easy to install and is stable

Stop bashing Rogers, yes, they suck at updating their devices, but you cant help it, you have other solutions that are much better anyways than a stock ICS from rogers

Find all info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1621679

***edited for content***

***edited labels***

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Why wait for ICS from Rogers when something much better is available

seems like this is endorsed by rogers on their community website i will go ahead with it as well.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is not endorsed by Rogers. Most likely the Mods will delete this.
I'm Here A Lot

They haven't released any information about a pending upgrade in fact they are skipping upgrading the Galaxy s2 seeing as everyone else already has done theirs and rogers is now pushing the S3, development for the S2 has ceased.

Folks just root your phone and grab the SKYICS no rogers bloatware it runs faster and is stable.  The community is obviously much better then the staff they have at rogers for releasing software.

I'm Here A Lot

Oh and they won't delete this.  Rogers would prefer for us to resolve our own issues.

go here ...problem solved and no rogers bloatware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1677169

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

+1 for xda, just want the d**n source......but we might use att's source soon