Why no Rogers Wi-Fi calling with iPhone 4 ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Why no Rogers Wi-Fi calling with iPhone 4 ?

ziessikon1:

I have a 4S and, quite some time back, the consensus on various web sites was that it would support Wi-Fi calling. Fast forward to today, and it turns out that was incorrect. Apple has stated that Wi-Fi calling starts with the iPhone 5C and nothing earlier. That's one reason I'm considering upgrading to the iPhone 6S. I live in a basement suite and the signal is marginal at the best of times.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have an iPhone 5 and Nexus 6, both not supported by Rogers Wifi Calling. 

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Just looked at Rogers iPhone line up, including the new 6S and 6S + and noticed that they only support Wi-Fi calling starting with the iPhone 6. Here's a link: http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/compare-iphones

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

we know thats complete garbage when apple says the 5s & 5c also support wifi calling, this is purely on rogers' end for whatever reason, or a legit typo but i doubt it. thats assuming we're going to actually get wifi calling in 3 days like they promised, yet again....& not another year of lies

im checking daily now for carrier update..(iphone 6)

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@jimboden wrote:

Just looked at Rogers iPhone line up, including the new 6S and 6S + and noticed that they only support Wi-Fi calling starting with the iPhone 6. Here's a link: http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/compare-iphones

Hi @jimboden

The page you visited is a comparison page, find our WIFI Calling FAQ here. A snippet of the information below:

To use Wi-Fi Calling, you will need the following:

• An iPhone 5c, 5s, 6 or 6 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus with iOS 9 or later installed — remember to update your carrier settings when prompted to do so at the end of the OS installation

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

RogersAsif:

Yes, I know they are comparisons but, as such, they should be accurate. If Wi-Fi calling is supported on the 5S, why is it missing on the comparison chart? Also, the price comparison for the 5S is incomplete as it only shows a 16GB version. Maybe someone should make sure it's updated. After all, we don't all know where every piece of information is provided on the Rogers web site. When I see something like the comparison chart, I expect it to be 100% accurate.Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just a little off topic but I waited an entire year for that feature to come on my iPhone 6 when I had it. Was supposed to be released back when iOS 8 came out. Recently sold my iPhone 6 and got a Note 5. I know the Note 5 can do it but no option yet. I'll be pretty mad if I don't get this feature on the Note. Just my luck Rogers won't enable the feature.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @jimboden

My apologies, I didn't realize. I definitely understand the point so I will pass the feedback alongSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

because your iPhone 4 is 6 years old and does not support it in its harware or in its O/S  Rogers requires iOS 9 and your iPhone 4 cant install that. you need a 5S/C and newer running on iOS 9 for this to work

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

has nothing to do with Apple doesn't care...its a 6 year old phone without the neccesary hardware or software to support Wifi Calling.