cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Rogers website suck so bad?

_Cust
I've Been Here Awhile

For a media company that sells internet services, Rogers should be embarrassed that their own website is so slow and buggy in this day and age. Unfortunately this is nothing new...it has been like this for years, and is never fixed. What gives? Will Rogers ever release a website that works like a website in the 21st century should? Please save your response if the reply is similar to "We apologize, our technicians are working on the issue." If that is the case, it seems your technicians have been asleep for the last decade.

***edited labels***

43 REPLIES 43

Re: Why does the Rogers website suck so bad?

Agreed, the website itself, is NOT overly mobile friendly, even on the fastest smartphone... just the layout, the way the menus work,, etc.

BUT.. the website, at least at this exact time of posting, works fine.
On a PC, 10mb fibre connection with bell, took me less that 20 seconds, from typing in the address on the browser, to menu, to wireless, to pick a phone catagory, to pick a phone and into that phones details. (and this is even using IE).

Part of the freezing issue, etc could be how the mobile browser is possibly having issues loading it.  Which is something they should fix then, as many are using mobile devices even as their primary internet device now.
(I have seen images of a new layout/design.. maybe it will be more friendly)

pconeill
I Plan to Stick Around
connecting from a desktop is cool - sometims and only sometimes ... but 91% of hits to Rogers.com are from mobile devices. Why would a company of this caliber not want to make sure the 91% can access the site without issue. Ill never understand, this has been going on for over 6 years ... blackberry, iphone, galaxy ... it doesn't matter. I wonder how many potential customers were lost behind this issue.

KADC
I Plan to Stick Around
Where do you get the stat that 91% of users connect using mobile devices?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

pconeill
I Plan to Stick Around
Web Analyst friend who works for Rogers in Brampton, ON

pconeill
I Plan to Stick Around
even if the % is less than 91, why wouldn't the so called "leader" in Canadian telecomunications have a fully functional website for 2013 ?????