Why does Rogers speed test, "Preparing Upload Test" load time take so Long?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Why does Rogers speed test, "Preparing Upload Test" load time take so Long?

Why does Rogers speed test, the "Preparing Upload Test" portion, load time take so Long? I'm finding 60 to 100+ seconds. And that's not the whole test, just that portion. During that 60 to 100 my download speed for other applications is cut in half.

***edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Why does Rogers speed test, "Preparing Upload Test" load time take so Long?

I have almost the exact same experience

I'm Here A Lot

I called tech support on it. They know of the issue, but couldn't explain why. It would seem it affects everyone who tries it, even those directed to the test from tech support.

A great example of bad, stupid, business......again:

1/ Idea

2/  Develop idea

3/  Get a team together

4/  dump lots of time and money into it

5/  get the new online tool to where it almost works

5.1/ skip testing

6/  release tool to public

7/  walk away

8/  pay tech support to deflect calls with, "Yes, we know there's a problem. But, we don't know why. Thank you for choosing Rogers".

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Actualy, the speed test, has worked perfectly fine in the past.. i used it many time when i changed my internet.

I currently am having an issue too.. which makes it some more recent change which broke it, etc.

In the end there are more accurate speed test sites one can use.. but i do agree, that while its broken, that the support people should not be telling people to go there (But really, they are just reading off a script of where/what to do.. which is obvioulsy not updated to say its broken)