Why do you keep calling me?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Why do you keep calling me?

I cancelled my internet with Rogers last month. Since then, even though I have politely asked you not to on at least three separate occasions, you continue to call me and send me mail. This past week alone, you have called me 4 times, always when I am at work, and when I pick up, all I can here is dead air and someone giggling in the background. Besides asking you to stop calling me (clearly, this has failed), how can I get your call centres to stop harassing me?

Sincerely, Annoyed former customer

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Why do you keep calling me?

Have you by chance put yourself on the DNC list?

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng

If you are no longer a customer of theirs, and you are on this list, they are not suposed to call you.  IF they do, they can be reported and fined.

Beyond asking them to do stop, or using a service to block the numbers.. there is not much you can do 😞
I have asked a duct cleaning company about 1000 times to stop calling.. they still do.. and there is NOTHING you can do about it, other than report them if you can.

I wish you luck.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Even if you are registered with the Do Not Call List. Rogers may still be permitted to call. They should however remove you from their list if you ask the telemarketer to put you on their DNCList.

Telemarketing calls from organizations with whom you have an existing business relationship are also exempt. You are considered to have an existing business relationship with a telemarketer if you:    

• Purchased, leased, or rented a product or service in the last eighteen (18) months from the telemarketer;
  • Have a written contract with the telemarketer for a service that is still in effect or expired within the last eighteen (18) months; and/or
  • Asked a telemarketer about a product or service within the last six (6) months.

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/cofi-fico-eng#link2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

In addition to the solution provided above If you do want to add your number to the Do Not Call List, Please register here, Or you can 

• Call 1-866-580-DNCL (1-866-580-3625); or
  • Call 1-888-DNCL-TTY (1-888-362-5889) only if you are calling from a TTY device

Please note, Telemarketers have up to 31 days to update their lists and to make sure they do not call you. You could still receive calls within those first 31 days.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

block the number.. i think blackberries can from within the os, androids can with an app, and iphones can with ios 7. good riddance "you won a free cruise to the bahammas" every 2 weeks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77 wrote:

Even if you are registered with the Do Not Call List. Rogers may still be permitted to call. They should however remove you from their list if you ask the telemarketer to put you on their DNCList.

Telemarketing calls from organizations with whom you have an existing business relationship are also exempt. You are considered to have an existing business relationship with a telemarketer if you:    

• Purchased, leased, or rented a product or service in the last eighteen (18) months from the telemarketer;
  • Have a written contract with the telemarketer for a service that is still in effect or expired within the last eighteen (18) months; and/or
  • Asked a telemarketer about a product or service within the last six (6) months.

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/cofi-fico-eng#link2

Hmm.. you are right.. forgot about the 18 month thing.. since you WERE a customer, they would be exempt kinda from this for the time being 😞

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just a quick not to remind people that you have to re-register your phone # with the DNCL every five years.

With the above link you can check to see if you are still registered and also at the same time extend it for another five years.